openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi All, I would need your kind help.
    I relocated from Hungary to Australia, shipped the hardware (took the HDD's with me on the plane).
    Once the my HP Mini server arrived in a shipping container full of stuff I plugged it in and it is working, but not properly.
    • Hardware seems to be working fine, all lights working,
    • I plugged in a screen and it goes though the booth cycle properly
    • I plugged it into the wifi router I got here and my laptop sees the openmediavault - AFP and SMB/CIFS but nothing else.
    • Web GUI is not working on 10.0.1.100/ it says it refused to connect
    First I though I might have mixed up the order of the drives, they are numbered but I could not remember if I started from the left or the right so tried both configuration, same result. OMV is running from a 4GB USB which seem to be working fine with the green light flashing and all.
    Any tips on what I should check. Could it be something to do with different IP's here in Australia. - Many Thanks
  • New

Hello all,

I have installed OMV 3, no problem.
    but now i wanted to backup a share with the usb backup plugin.
    It does work, but, there is no beep when it starts/stops syncing.

i wasn't sure if th einternal speaker still worked, but when i took out the drives and ram, then booted, then i heard a stron beep from the internal speaker in the pc.

I really hope someone can push me in the right direction where to look for it.
  • New

Hi all,

I have recently started to see occasional errors on my USB hard drive connected to my RPi running OMV 3.

Can anyone give me some advice on what they might relate to? Is the hard drive going or can I safely ignore them. I have SMART monitoring running on the drive and haven't seen any reports of an issue.

errors from syslog below...

EXT4-fs error (device sda1): ext4_find_entry:1463: inode #2: comm smbd: reading directory lblock 0
    EXT4-fs warning (device sda1): htree_dirblock_to_tree:962: inode #23855105: lblock 0: comm smbd: error -5 reading directory block
  • New

Hi Guys,

I've woken up this morning and can't access any media on my server. Logged into OMV GUI, rebooted and the drives are all still there, but the RAID is missing (I believe it was a RAID 5 array). Have looked at a few threads on the forum, and tried to start a self-diagnosis, but I was hoping one of you would kindly offer me some guidance.

blkid:
    /dev/sdb: UUID="6ff00f35-b3aa-6d29-25ac-1d7e2a2b2007" UUID_SUB="ef7151df-f61f-ce6e-1612-4dbfc0e9d1cf" LABEL="openmediavault:MEDIAVAULT" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sdd: UUID="6ff00f35-b3aa-6d29-25ac-1d7e2a2b2007" UUID_SUB="55ad5625-0b73-7d46-248e-aedccfc05460" LABEL="openmediavault:MEDIAVAULT" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sdf: UUID="6ff00f35-b3aa-6d29-25ac-1d7e2a2b2007" UUID_SUB="6c9b69a2-58ef-cced-95f1-11233b066a54" LABEL="openmediavault:MEDIAVAULT" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sde: UUID="6ff00f35-b3aa-6d29-25ac-1d7e2a2b2007" UUID_SUB="7a6cb4e9-902f-3852-3c8a-01196f74dcea" LABEL="openmediavault:MEDIAVAULT"…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Moved from Hungary to Australia, shipped the hardware, plugged it in but not working

tkaiser

USB backup unmount external drive.

macom

Network Saturation Spikes - what's going on here?

tkaiser

usbbackup no beep

ShinobiX9X

Best update-strategy on OMV3?

Sc0rp

Recent Activities

• pcon -

Liked tekkb’s post in the thread How to make a good Media share for Emby and PlexMediaServer.

Like (Post)
    Now the media share is setup and should be showing on your Windows Network. This last part applies to Windows machines. If someone wants to add information for other operating systems they can do that. 8 ) Before you get on your Windows machine make…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.2 Moved from Hungary to Australia, shipped the hardware, plugged it in but not working.

Quote from caorama: “my laptop sees the openmediavault - AFP and SMB/CIFS but nothing else. ” Both Samba and Netatalk do 'service propagaton' so everything is ok, your server has just got a different IP address. If you can login locally check output…
  • caorama -

Posted the thread OMV 0.2 Moved from Hungary to Australia, shipped the hardware, plugged it in but not working.

Thread
    Hi All, I would need your kind help. I relocated from Hungary to Australia, shipped the hardware (took the HDD's with me on the plane). Once the my HP Mini server arrived in a shipping container full of stuff I plugged it in and it is working, but not…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x USB backup unmount external drive..

Quote from cabrio_leo: “The drives (USB or eSATA) can be selected in the USB backup plugin selection field even when they are not mounted. ” Oh, sorry for the confusion.
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x USB backup unmount external drive..

Quote from macom: “but you still have to mount it to be able to setup the USB Plugin jobs. ” That´s not mandatory. The drives (USB or eSATA) can be selected in the USB backup plugin selection field even when they are not mounted. But they must be…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Network Saturation Spikes - what's going on here?.

Quote from McDuff: “how did it get compromised? ” I was just kidding. Without some investigation it's impossible to tell. But according to iftop there's a lot of data going out. To check individual hosts eg. the one above this is suitable: Source…
  • McDuff -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Network Saturation Spikes - what's going on here?.

OK. That sucks. How can I prevent that in the future? It's almost a straight out of the box install, I've not installed anything except plugins, how did it get compromised?
  • ShinobiX9X -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x usbbackup no beep.

Yes i know. i replugged the usb, there was no beep, after a while i took out the usb to check, (there were just to 2GB ISO on it as a test), the files were copied to usb. But there were no beeps. I tried : echo -e "\a" via ssh and on the terminal…
  • McDuff -

See here for eg. That IP address comes back as destination unreachable when I ping it. But it's a different IP each time. forum.openmediavault.org/index…cb2729a1cee80908ed5307f77
  • Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Update Best update-strategy on OMV3?.

Re, OT Quote from tkaiser: “(I mute email notifications and prefer monitoring through other channels, OMV's SNMP implementation for example is quite capable!) ” I got no time for my BPi-R1 to get this working as an "LAN-manager" :( - i would use SNMP too,…