openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hello,

I urgently need your help, so any suggestion is appreciated!

I decided to reinstall my OMV setup from scratch and after it was done, I can't access the File Systems. All Physical Disks (BTRFS, no RAID) are loaded but when I go to File Systems after a long loading phase I get an Error: "communication failure".

Already reinstalled it on different devices - USB 3.0 HDD and USB 2.0 flash drive but always the same issue. I really need your help!
  • New

I have the OMV running from an old WD 250Gb black sata disk and I have received alarms regularly that it is too hot (over +55° C).

That is not extreme but I dont like it in the long run. Especially as the other disks stays below 40° C...)

So I cloned the disk and started up the system with the cloned disk and I get errors.
    First there is no network interface.

And below that I get this error:
    "CIFS VFS: Error connecting to socket. Aborting operation.
    CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -101"

And a couple of more lines like that.

I suspect that I need to use omv-firstaid but I am not sure if I should do something else first.
    And for that matter what tools I need to use.
    "Configure network interface" seems like a nobrainer, as that probably will solve the network inteface (i hope).
    But I am not sure that'l fix the cifs errors.

I have switched back to use the old drive for the time being.
  • New

Hey guys,

I know there are plugins out there such as Sonarr, etc. But I wondered is there a plugin avalible for OMV that will keep track of my libary of TV series and notfy me when there is a new season? I don't need it to download or anything I just want it to notify me that there is a new season as I find my self having to go through my SMB libary and cross reference every TV Show I have to see if there has been any new season releases and soemtimes I'm a couple behind so an interface that allows me to can my media and be notified of any seasons that I dont have would be awesome.

Thanks,
    /Ky

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Docker Issue - Sonarr and Deluge

flmaxey

Error: "Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusfs2WVj' (size=0)."

ramanvda

Pinned Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

henfri

no access to File Systems

Wolf2000

Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x

Wolf2000

Recent Activities

• bunilla -

Liked mrtata’s post in the thread Resolved OMV 3.x (stable) some advices for a new NAS (update: feedback).

Like (Post)
    Hi, just to give you a little feedback on my config. here it is: - motherboard: ASROCK H270M-ITX/ac (with 6 sata port) - CPU: Pentium G4400 - rad CPU: BeQuiet Pure Rock Slim - RAM: Ballistix BLS8G4D240FSC Sport LT 8Go DDR4 - Power: BeQuiet Pure Power…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Docker Issue - Sonarr and Deluge.

Quote from gderf: “I suggest not running containers as root to get around problems with system storage path permissions and ownerships. Fix the permissions and ownerships of the storage files and folders instead so that you can run the container as an…
  • gderf -

I suggest not running containers as root to get around problems with system storage path permissions and ownerships. Fix the permissions and ownerships of the storage files and folders instead so that you can run the container as an ordinary user, one…
  • ramanvda -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Error: "Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusfs2WVj' (size=0).".

Debian GNU/Linux 9.3 (stretch) x86 OMV: 4.0.19-1 Linux OPENMEDIAVAULT 4.9.0-5-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 4.9.65-3+deb9u2 (2018-01-04) i686 GNU/Linux I have exactly the same problem on a fresh installation (OMV4 on a fresh debian 9.3 32bits) In order to pass…
  • henfri -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Plugins that are wanted - Part 5.

Hello Aron, Thanks for your plugin! I did not have time to test the plugin -until now. I did try to add an existing Archive, as I have many backups already, but this fails, because the Plugin tries "borg init" when configuring the archive. I think it…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from gderf: “I am referring to the container configuration environment variables where I see PUID 0 ” While I know defining a "dockeruser" is best practice: To navigate to storage paths, external to the container, it's an access control item. …
  • ramanvda -

Liked BIGAIRFOX’s post in the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Error: "Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusfs2WVj' (size=0).".

Like (Post)
    Hello Forum, sorry, but my english is not good. I have the same problems with read file /tmp/*. it seems to be the permissions. When the error occurs, I open WinSCP and set the permissions of the reported file in the tmp folder to 777 and click Apply…
  • Wolf2000 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) no access to File Systems.

Hi did you change it in the bios that he should boot from the usb
  • gderf -

I am referring to the container configuration environment variables where I see PUID 0
  • flmaxey -

Quote from gderf: “Why are you running that container as root ” I did notice the line in the deluge config - variables: PS1 : root@openmediavault:/$ Is that what you're referring to? Frankly, I don't know. It's a default ev generated by the image. …