openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi guys!
    I don't have my servers connected to a screen very often...usually when I am doing a clone of the system drive. I wanted to see the server start before creating a clone....
    I had the following message:

Source Code

1. software watchdog cannot register miscdev on minor=130 (err=-16)

I have used PuTTY to have a look and this is what I get when running dmseg:

Source Code

1. [ 31.416055] watchdog: Software Watchdog: cannot register miscdev on minor=130 (err=-16).
    2. [ 31.416104] watchdog: Software Watchdog: a legacy watchdog module is probably present.
    3. [ 31.418021] softdog: initialized. soft_noboot=0 soft_margin=60 sec soft_panic=0 (nowayout=0)
    4. root@DN-Storage2:~#

Something to do with a legacy driver?

Has anyone any suggestions as to how I should proceed?

bookie56
  • New

Hi all,

I'm new to OMV, did build an own NAS machine and the setup and first steps are done. Big thanks to the developers and all supporters, great work!

Here's one beginner question I'd like to clearify: Let's say I've attached 2 HDD's via SATA in the NAS running OMV and would like to transfer files internally in OMV. (without shared folders). Can I safely ssh as root to the NAS and copy files in the ssh session from 1 HDD to another (using cp command or maybe midnight commander)? Or does that "interfere" somehow with OMV's right's management or something?

Thanks in advance!
  • New

Hello

I have tried to install your youtube video instructions Openmediavault NAS software but I have a problem. When I put the apt-get upgrade command, that command does not do what it would have to do, and I'm not asked yes / no. Nor does the window open to you in the terminal. You see my problem in the picture. I really don't know what to do. Thanks for help!

My Raspberry Pi model is: Raspberry Pi 3 B+

Problem image link: aijaa.com/3HX7nB

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Bitwarden and Letsencrypt Remote Access Issue

Wek

Watchdog Problem

OMV for RockPro64 (and other RK3399 devices soon)

tkaiser

Cannot Access SMB Shares with Active Directory Users

Lee

Howto restore image backup from Urbackup by PXE

Recent Activities

• Wek -

Replied to the thread Bitwarden and Letsencrypt Remote Access Issue.

• Robbin -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV for RockPro64 (and other RK3399 devices soon).

Like (Post)
    Quote from Robbin: “Any ideas what to try to fix? ” Nope, I never connected a display to the majority of my ARM boards and since OMV is meant to be administrated headless (using the web UI or SSH/shellinabox) I don't consider this being a problem. If a …
  • bookie56 -

Posted the thread Watchdog Problem.

Thread
    Hi guys! I don't have my servers connected to a screen very often...usually when I am doing a clone of the system drive. I wanted to see the server start before creating a clone.... I had the following message: Source Code (1 line) I have used PuTTY to…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV for RockPro64 (and other RK3399 devices soon).

Quote from Robbin: “Any ideas what to try to fix? ” Nope, I never connected a display to the majority of my ARM boards and since OMV is meant to be administrated headless (using the web UI or SSH/shellinabox) I don't consider this being a problem. If a …
  • Lee -

Replied to the thread Cannot Access SMB Shares with Active Directory Users.

It is that i can access SMB shares with OMV native user name. I cannot access shares using AD user credentials
  • Robbin -

Replied to the thread OMV for RockPro64 (and other RK3399 devices soon).

Quote from tkaiser: “@ryecoaaron: I created an OMV4 image for NEO4 but also for NanoPi M4 and NanoPC-T4 again since the older images are using ext4 due to some meanwhile resolved bootloader problem. So please delete OMV_4_NanoPC_T4.img.xz and
  • DiN0 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved No Network adapter after update, no usb.

HeyHo, yesterday i tried to install an realtek_8111.deb (not full name) from 2016 - after this it worked with Kernel 4.18.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 --> reboot --> LAN, YEAH 8o then i tried updating through omv-web-ui Kernel 4.19...and realtek-firmware -->…
  • o_neill -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Copy files internally via ssh allowed?.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from o_neill: “Can I safely ssh as root to the NAS and copy files in the ssh session from 1 HDD to another (using cp command or maybe midnight commander)? ” If source and destination are shared to SMB or AFP clients and…
  • bvrulez -

Liked raulfg3’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x How to restore from an omv-backup?.

Like (Post)
  • bvrulez -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x How to restore from an omv-backup?.

Thanks a lot! Actually, he meant the SystemRescueCD. But your hint showed me an aspect of OMV-Extras I never discovered before. So that means I can use the Web-GUI to start the server in a live-iso-mode to make a clone of my system disk or restore a…