openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Can't get OpenVPN to work with OMV 4

dariusz_w

Unable to boot with 4 HD's in OMV4

tkaiser

Binding multiple interfaces not working?

tkaiser

What if my OMV install fails. Will I lose all my data?

Pinned Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards

soerenderfor

Recent Activities

• dariusz_w -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can't get OpenVPN to work with OMV 4.

I haven't worked on OMV 3, but recently switched to OMV 4 on my raspberry pi. Sadly, OpenVPN is broken. Even, that dashboard showing 2 green dots on service, however from logs I see that OpenVPN exit with error. Source Code (3 lines) During plugin…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Unable to boot with 4 HD's in OMV4.

Quote from goliath: “I have installed OMV4 ” OMV is not an operating system but just a rather huge addition to Debian. OMV4 is based on Debian 9 so in case you struggle with OMV4's own ISO I would suggest trying out a Debian 9 amd64 install (your CPU…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Binding multiple interfaces not working?.

Quote from vendo23: “See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details ” Without providing output from these two commands it's a bit hard to guess what's going on on your system.
  • p1morris -

Liked 4bc’s post in the thread OMV 3.x NextCloud Installation Q & A.

Like (Post)
    Your guide didn't really work step by step for OMV4 & NC 13, but it is referenced in many posts from my research so good on you for your comprehensive work. The wider community has benefited greatly!! I've managed to get it all working using a…
  • robster -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x What if my OMV install fails. Will I lose all my data?.

Thread
    Hi all, I have 4 x drives setup into 2 x RAID 1 arrays. I also have a small USB stick drive that OMV is booting from. I'm using a HP Proliant server. If that little USB stick drive dies, will I lose all access to the data or will I be able to…
  • soerenderfor -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from soerenderfor: “Nothing on the screen if i connect to the tinker board. ” Thanks for the report. Last try: I created another OMV image, this time with mainline (Armbian next branch) instead of Rockchip's 4.4 LTS…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Unable to boot with 4 HD's in OMV4.

While this may not help, here's a question; are you building OMV on the SD-card, with the 4 drives inserted,, or are you plugging the drives in after the build is complete? Looking at another angle, have you looked at the BIOS settings of what must be…
  • soerenderfor -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from soerenderfor: “Nothing on the screen if i connect to the tinker board. ” Thanks for the report. Last try: I created another OMV image, this time with mainline (Armbian next branch) instead of Rockchip's 4.4 LTS…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How can I Mirror a Drive Without RAID.

Quote from macom: “\---\ I never managed to get a notification for a finished rsync job. Is this actually working for you? ” Yeah - it works for me. Here's an E-mail example: (There's no files list because the disks are up to date. Otherwise, it…
  • David B -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x MySQL Cron Job Error.

Like (Post)
    Quote from David B: “Out of curiosity, have you found a solution to this? ” Nope, I have been sitting on a beach for the last week :)