openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hello,

I have a fresh installed omv 3 but my virtualbox doesn't want to work. I have 2 Errors:

Error 1: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; omv-mkconf virtualbox 2>&1' with exit code '2': sh: 1: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string

Error: Could not connect to host (127.0.0.1:18083/)

Would be nice if you can help me :)
  • New

Hi, I'm really struggling here. I can't seem to find anyone with the same error that I'm getting, I think I've corrupted something. I get the following:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; docker images 2>&1' with exit code '1': Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?

I read something that said that the Shared Folder location can't be on the Union FS, so I tried to put it on the Data drive, but got the wrong one, and then when I went to fix it all up again, it's now not working. I think I must have done something wrong and corrupted something???

I tried reinstalling the Docker Plugin, and opening up the permissions, but I just can't figure out why I cannot set a new Base Path for this Docker plugin...I don't know whether the problem is with the plugin or the folder I'm trying to set?
  • New

I moved one of my OMV machines (DESTINATION) to mom's house to rsync from my Gen8 (SOURCE) at home. I can SSH shell at her machine back to the Gen8, so port forwarding rule and public key settings are all good. However, when it remote rsync (pull) with this:

Source Code

1. rsync -av --delete --numeric-ids --rsh=/usr/bin/ssh -p 8822 -i /var/lib/openmediavault/ssh/keys/BACKUP_KEY root@source.duckdns.org:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-SOURCE/SOURCE_FOLDER/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DESTINATION/.

it doesn't work and prompts this:

Source Code

1. Unexpected remote arg: root@source.duckdns.org:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-SOURCE/SOURCE_FOLDER/
    2. rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at main.c(1348) [sender=3.1.1]
    What's wrong with the syntax? Thanks.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

no access to File Systems

Barracuda

Remote share plugin

moreje

Can't login into webgui

DonCanalie

Docker Plugin Error Setting New Base Path

gderf

looking for Plex alternative

ajaja

Recent Activities

• Barracuda -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) no access to File Systems.

New problem. Now I can not add a Shared Folder because there are no devices to select, why?
  • moreje -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Remote share plugin.

I have the same permission issue..but can't find how to fix it.. the plugin is configured with an admin id/pwd to mount the remote share which user should be configured on the remote share? when the plugin wants to write on it, wich user will be used?…
  • DonCanalie -

Replied to the thread Can't login into webgui.

No, in this case, this is not the problem. The disk is only 12 % in use.
  • Barracuda -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) no access to File Systems.

@jollyrogr You brought me to the idea to edit fstab adding my disks manually. Now it's working! The disks were successfully mounted and now I curiously can access the File Systems menu, too. Somebody knows what could be the reason for that behavior?
  • Dropkick Murphy -

Replied to the thread Can't login into webgui.

• gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Docker Plugin Error Setting New Base Path.

Quote from subzero79: “Is ok. Just in the data drive that’s going to hold the docker root directory. Don’t think the flag helps that much in Omv, but is by default since the beginning. ” I think I mentioned this before. I set my Docker base path…
  • gabs247 -

Liked subzero79’s post in the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Docker Plugin Error Setting New Base Path.

Like (Post)
    Is ok. Just in the data drive that’s going to hold the docker root directory. Don’t think the flag helps that much in Omv, but is by default since the beginning.
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Docker Plugin Error Setting New Base Path.

Is ok. Just in the data drive that’s going to hold the docker root directory. Don’t think the flag helps that much in Omv, but is by default since the beginning.
  • ajaja -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) looking for Plex alternative.

Quote from flmaxey: “ …there's advice on the form for relocating metadata storage to a data drive. ” Where might I find the advice? I set my Database Volume and Folder in OMV's PLEX setup to be: /srv/store/plexmediaserver/, yet PLEX stores nearly…
  • Bert105 Bertolt11 -

Posted the thread Virtualbox for Omv3 doesn't work.

Thread
    Hello, I have a fresh installed omv 3 but my virtualbox doesn't want to work. I have 2 Errors: Error 1: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; omv-mkconf virtualbox 2>&1' with…