openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to setup a system with openmediavault 4.1.13. I am currently inside a university, whose network requires a two-step authentication to access internet. First, you have to connect to a wireless network, then opening a browser reveals a mask with user:---- and password:----, which are provided to university personnel and are personal.

Is there a way to connect to a network like this to install plugins and updates? Connecting via an Ethernet cable and setting a fixed IP lets me use the webinterface, but since there is no internet connection I can only use the standard functionalities.

Thank you in advance!
  • New

Hi,

my raid fail, i'd like to destroy it to use mergeFS.
    But it's always say it's busy, so i can't delete it in OMV.

In the peripheral (sorry, maybe not the right word, i use OMV in french), i see the raid peripheral, but the status is "missing" and i can't do anything (no unmount, no delete etc)

Thanks for your help , i can't make other file system or anything since the raid fail (but i still got acces to my data and btw, they are backuped on another NAS)
  • New

Hallo zusammen,

hat jemand von euch Autoshutdown im Betrieb?
    Ich habe eine Frage zur Konfiguration:
    Ich möchte mein NAS herunterfahren (in Standby versetzen) lassen, wenn bestimmte Geräte nicht mehr an (per Ping nicht erreichbar) sind.
    In der Konfig für Autoshutdown kann ich IPs angeben, aber auch Ports. Jetzt frage ich mich : prüft das Plugin nur, ob auf dem bestimmten Port zwischen NAS und den angebenen IPs Traffic/Aktivität ist, oder wie ist das mit den Portangaben zu verstehen?

Müsste ich dann den SMB-Port angeben? Allerdings ist dort ja nicht ständig traffic bzw. vermute ich, dass die connection irgendwann getrennt wird, wenn längere Zeit nicht genutzt.

Bin gespannt auf eure Antworten.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

The Class E Network

flmaxey

Error message when adding a repo

Nixda

Adding a Wi-Fi interface

Raid fail : how to destroy it ?

bart70

Automatic Ngrok port forwarding using Ngrok Mailer

Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Geaves: As you seem to be trying different settings - you probably already know this.... If you change unbound's config, it should to be followed by service unbound restart (or a reboot). Since it seems there may be some sort of problem, what does
  • Nixda -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error message when adding a repo.

Worked, thanks. (You need to update the omv-extras from github)
  • bart70 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid fail : how to destroy it ?.

DL started, with my crap ADSL it will be for a while ...
  • bart70 -

is system-rescue-cd.org/ fine ? but i wont have a GUI, so i'll have to destroy the raid with command lines and i don't know how to do (i guess you already realized i'm a bit noob in linux ;) )
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from bart70: “I got an old usb key to boot on it, how can i find a easy rescue CD ? ” system-rescue-cd.org/
  • bart70 -

i removed all excepted a share (not in samba, the share for the users acces) because i can't... I've looked about the rescue CD in omvExtras, i can't find too :( I got an old usb key to boot on it, how can i find a easy rescue CD ? and ... THANKS AGAIN…
  • devfromjokela -

Posted the thread Automatic Ngrok port forwarding using Ngrok Mailer.

Thread
    Hello guys! Here is guide how to enable Ngrok Mailer, which will port forward your server web-gui to internet without port forwarding using router! So, let's begin. - Download Ngrok Mailer Script from Github github.com/developerfromjokela/ngrok-mailer
  • devfromjokela -

Replied to the thread Automatic Ngrok port forwarding using Ngrok Mailer.

Hello guys! Here is guide how to enable Ngrok Mailer, which will port forward your server web-gui to internet without port forwarding using router! So, let's begin. - Download Ngrok Mailer Script from Github github.com/developerfromjokela/ngrok-mailer
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Sounds like something is seriously wrong with your pi-hole install. I would get it working (re-install?) with cloudflare or something before trying to switch to unbound. ” I don't mind doing a reinstall and switching…