openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hey So I read the above pined post and it had lots of good information but I'm still unsure of what to go wit. Option seem to be:

SSD:
    With the falling price of SSD's I can get a 120GB SSD for around $30-$40 Canadian. it won't be the best brand but it won't be a garbage no name direct from china brand either (i.e. ADATA or Kingston, maybe Crucial)
    Pro's:
    Big
    Fast
    Guaranteed trim support
    Cons:
    A little more expensive
    Uses a SATA port (though that's not a big deal for me right now)

USB flash drive:
    Pros:
    CHEAP! (<$15 for a Sandisk 32GB USB3.0 drive)
    Small
    Cons:
    Unknown reliability (though Sandisk brand helps in this respect)
    No TRIM support

SD Card and card reader:
    Pros:
    Possible trim support?
    Cons:
    A 32GB card + Card reader will be in the $30-$40 range (same as the SSD)
    No guarantee I'll be able to get TRIM working. I did an experiment with my current SD card and card reader on a Ubuntu 16.04 system and was not able to get trim working. I'd hate to spend all this time and money just…
  • New

Hello Everyone,

I tried to search the forum for my issue but i could not find a post about it.

I have Linuxserver docker for sonarr, it is running perfectly and it does what is should do but the GUI or web UI is not updating or requires me to do a manual refresh on whatever browser i am using to reflect the current state, moving between tabs in sonarr does not refresh.

for example if i grappled an episode manually i do not see it in activity tab unless i refresh the browser even if i clicked on the activity tab without refresh it won't show anything, this is just an example but everything goes like this

i am running OMV4 and trying form my laptop win10 firefox, chrome and IE, Mono is also updated i check it in sonarr.
  • New

Hello,
    First of all please forgive me for my English, I am French and do not speak English very well.

I am trying to install Docker on my OMV machine and I can not do it, I have a lot of mistakes.

First of all here is my configuration :
    [IMG:http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/43/2/1540277945-1.png]

At the opening of docker I have this error:
    [IMG:http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/43/2/1540279436-4.png]

The configuration of my docker is as follows :
    [IMG:http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/43/2/1540279436-5.png]

I often have the error "Failed to connect to localhost port 42005" ... I do not understand I am local

Thanks for your help

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Nextcloud, your personal cloud server, GNU nano blank page

Agricola

Borgbackup plugin add existing repo

Cannot access web gui on new OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus.i​mg install

aysun168

Letsencrypt with own domain fail

syrusstk

Help selecting boot drive for new build

gderf

Recent Activities

• Agricola -

Replied to the thread Nextcloud, your personal cloud server, GNU nano blank page.

@Nefertiti I see now. Thank you. Doesn't that have to do with the unique prime number encryption or something like that? Will that lessen the security of the site? Just asking because I don't understand the 2048 operation.
  • Stramm -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Borgbackup plugin add existing repo.

Thread
    When I try to add an existing borg repo to the plugin I get errors, creating a new however works without issues. May I assume that adding existing repos isn't supported so far?
  • aysun168 -

Replied to the thread Cannot access web gui on new OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus.img install.

vi /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/openmediavault-webgui listen [::]:80 ipv6only=off; comment out: #listen [::]:80 ipv6only=off;
  • syrusstk -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Letsencrypt with own domain fail.

This is more or less how you configure nginx from your letsencrypt configuration, the problem for me I either had 502 Bag Gateway or I was hitting the nginx index.html saying something about the server the default page. After reading a bit of the…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Help selecting boot drive for new build.

A 120GB SSD for an OMV boot drive is a waste. I have been running mine for years on a Samsung 16GB SSD that you can still find used on ebay for sub $20USD, cheap enough for me to carry a few spares that so far I have not needed to resort to. I don't…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Cannot access web gui on new OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus.img install.

Quote from Nefertiti: “I wish I could but root is not allowed until we give access in the GUI catch 22. ” I meant plug a keyboard and monitor into it and login as root.
  • da_guy2 -

Posted the thread Help selecting boot drive for new build.

Thread
    Hey So I read the above pined post and it had lots of good information but I'm still unsure of what to go wit. Option seem to be: SSD: With the falling price of SSD's I can get a 120GB SSD for around $30-$40 Canadian. it won't be the best brand but it…
  • Nefertiti -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Have you tried logging in as root and running omv-firstaid? Posting the output of: tail /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log might help ” I wish I could but root is not allowed until we give access in the GUI catch 22.
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread Nextcloud, your personal cloud server, GNU nano blank page.

Quote from Agricola: “Quote from Nefertiti: “For the second video since you got an ARM I think you need to reduce the DH to 1024 at two places if I remember and change the part about ONLY_subdomain like in my previous post, ” I did do the part…
  • hardcoded -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread RAID 6: GPT table is corrupt.

Like (Post)
    It looks like you created the array with OMV which means it is not using partitions. So, a corrupt GPT doesn't cause any problems. It just means the drives weren't completely wiped before creating the array.