openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

I have just wasted several hours of my life trying to install OMV from a USB to a USB.

The symptom: every time the install stage got to creating the partition/filesystem, it would error out saying it couldn't create it. Tried different USB sticks. Was able to install from a USB stick to an actual USB HD, but never to another USB stick.

Was using 3.0.94. Finally as a last resort, I tried 3.0.86 and the install worked perfectly.

My conclusion? Something not right about 3.0.94. Don't know if it's a problem with the installer, or my old hardware, but it definitely doesn't work with my setup (which has been running the latest version of OMV for several years). I've always upgraded OMV through the web interface until recently when my USB stick shot craps and I had to reinstall OMV.
  • New

Hey OMV folks, I've been wanting to start keeping track of my recipes, and I've found some decent looking open source programs, but I would really like to have a central database so I can access all my recipes from any device I choose.

Is there something in OMV or a plugin that would be well suited to this task?

Otherwise, is there enough interest for someone to implement this for us?

Beyond that, with my minimal programming knowledge would it be possible to get a web based recipe manager up and running on my NAS?

Some promising prospects seem to be:
    -PHPRecipBook, a Apache and PHP based system. phprecipebook.sourceforge.net/docs.php
    -OpenEats, a python and django based program. github.com/qgriffith/OpenEats

This is new ground to me, so any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
  • New

Howdy-doo-doo,

Looking @ installing Emby and I know there is a plugin via OMV-Extras but is it better to install Emby via Docker as I have seen a few posts saying that it is better to do this as you will get the most up-to-date releases and its just better overall if so as I'm very new to Docker how does it work and could someone explain how I would go about installing Emby via Docker as I have never used it before (I'm assuiming I D/L Docker via OMV-Extras?).

/Ky

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Installation hell...

Looking for a Recipe Manager

Duplicati problem "The connection to the server is lost"

fullwoo

NextCloud Installation Q & A

tinh_x7

Docker for Emby

Recent Activities

• starion -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Installation hell....

Thread
    I have just wasted several hours of my life trying to install OMV from a USB to a USB. The symptom: every time the install stage got to creating the partition/filesystem, it would error out saying it couldn't create it. Tried different USB sticks. …
  • ColdShoulderMedia -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Looking for a Recipe Manager.

Thread
    Hey OMV folks, I've been wanting to start keeping track of my recipes, and I've found some decent looking open source programs, but I would really like to have a central database so I can access all my recipes from any device I choose. Is there…
  • fullwoo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Duplicati problem "The connection to the server is lost".

thanks macom, tried putting in the ip of the omv box but it still gives the same fault. anyone else experienced this?
  • tinh_x7 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) NextCloud Installation Q & A.

That's correct b/c I've applied strong permission setup.
  • /Ky -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Docker for Emby.

Thread
    Howdy-doo-doo, Looking @ installing Emby and I know there is a plugin via OMV-Extras but is it better to install Emby via Docker as I have seen a few posts saying that it is better to do this as you will get the most up-to-date releases and its just…
  • plexus -

Replied to the thread help to remove bond0.

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (stable) notification from cron.

Thread
    Hi guys, I'd like to add some backup scripts (like rsnapshot) to cron, however I'm wondering how current notifications (when configured) are sent? Is it possible for cron to sent emails (when process fails) using that?
  • plexus -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) nginx with ipv4 only....

I am not using ipv6 neither within LAN nor on WAN... so which IPv6-setting should I choose? As far as I understand the only important thing is the availability of ::1/128
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread forum not working?.

I keep getting an error as well. I was wondering if it was just me...
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) How does docker upgrade software?.

It all depends on how the container was written. The Plex dockers will check for upgrades when restarted if they are configured for that option. Deluge 2.0? That's still in early beta testing, so I would not be looking for it anytime soon. 1.3.15 is…