openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Can't reach WebGUI after update 3.x. SSH is working

macom

Raid 5 lost after failure of power supply

macom

quick question about reinstalling!

macom

Open Media Vault behind a NAT router

S.M.A.R.T. test info

dexter2478

Recent Activities

• macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Can't reach WebGUI after update 3.x. SSH is working.

• macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Raid 5 lost after failure of power supply.

Why I posted this: 1// you answered in a few minutes several RAID questions 2// seems like members tend to avoid RAID questions 3// you helped me on my own RAID question
  • macom -

Replied to the thread quick question about reinstalling!.

use OMV3 for the moment until OMV4 is stabel be carfull when you reinstall to choose the right disk!!
  • jopenmv -

Now follows tekkb.

Follow
  • jopenmv -

Posted the thread Open Media Vault behind a NAT router.

Thread
    Can anyone offer a solution to this as when I try to connect the server is just returning the internal IP address so it obviously cannot connect. Any help would be much appreciated thanks. I have forwarded the appropriate ports.
  • dexter2478 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x S.M.A.R.T. test info.

io sono di Treviso :) can I use this feature even if I do not implement a RAID?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Union Filesystems (mergerfs) slow write and read?.

Quote from joq3: “How come it wasn't automatically set to gigabit if it was available? ” That is usually driver related and probably due to the age. Intel NICs usually work the best. What kind of NIC is on the board? Quote from joq3: “When the…
  • jata1 -

Replied to the thread best way to transfer data from Mac to ext4/omv for a plex server.

Thanks all. Very helpful. I will transfer over the network (ethernet) so hopefully that will only take a day or so. Using USB and not SATA as my friend has a USB drive available for this little project. I'll report back once I get this all working (or…
  • Ammiraglio -

Also if you use SnapRAID there is a function that will read the smart attributes and generate an estimation of the probability the drive is gonna die in the next year. Yes I'm from Milan.
  • dexter2478 -

in fact I created tests (one per week for the fast one and a month for that in-depth), but I had the doubt that I did not do a double job. Thank you @Ammiraglio sei italiano?