openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi there,
    I want to build a nas soon. Therefore I'm currently evaluating different nas solutions on virtual machines. A must have feature is being able to add disks to the pool.
    With hyper-v I installed omv and created a system drive and 4 fixed size data drives.
    I successfully created a raid 5 with 3 of those virtual disks. I then expanded the raid-5 by adding the 4th disk.
    When I go into filesystems I cannot expand it. All the buttons are disabled. I can't even click unmount.
    Is the feature not yet implemented into web ui?

many thx
  • New

Hi,

I've searched around, I just cant figure out how to perform emergency / system backup of this new OMV 4.1 / Odroid hc2 arm system with sata 3 1tb hd. To avoid redo of install, plugins, shares, updates etc. :S I understand how to backup the data folders.

It seems the clonezilla TAB is missing on OMV 4.1 / Odroid-hc2 arm. I read this is was removed. This is a new system, works great, good time to perform system backup - it's clean! 8o

Also, I am reading up in Odroid forum, trying to figure out if I could or should install OMV directly onto the sata hd, as a service, boot off sd and have everything on sata drive. If so, I'll reinstall and clone the system off my win 10 machine. Thoughts? So far I reading armbian is buggy with debian stretch on the h2.

Anyone please comment. Thank You !
  • New

Hi,
    I build my first snapraid-setup with unionFS in OMV.

It seems to run OK.
    I have some questions...sorry for this.

After the setup I am not sure if this is right...???
    I read it somewhere here in the forum that it should be done like this:

One of my main questions is how to do the maintenance of my setup.
    What do I have to do after setup?

If I get the status of the Raid I get this:

No sync is in progress.
    The 100% of the array is not scrubbed.
    You have 443439 files with zero sub-second timestamp.
    Run the 'touch' command to set it to a not zero value.
    No rehash is in progress or needed.
    No error detected.

What does all this mean?
    What is the touch command? I do not find it in the GUI. Should I do it in terminal? I fear to mess-up something there.

What should I setup in the Settings tab of the plugin?

If you have some links to read or any other advice it would be nice.

Thanks for the help.
    F.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

How does OMV system backup work for ARM?

PWSteal

Expand Raid5 Filesystem not working

Docker failing to re-install

My new NAS: Odroid HC2 and Seagate Ironwolf 12TB.

Adoby

Raspberry Pi, Unifi Controller & Docker

oxben

Recent Activities

• PWSteal -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How does OMV system backup work for ARM?.

For now I'll stick to microSD images made with Win32 Disk Imager. I had the same question, you may read 4 posts starting from this one.
  • wiwolavida -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Expand Raid5 Filesystem not working.

Thread
    Hi there, I want to build a nas soon. Therefore I'm currently evaluating different nas solutions on virtual machines. A must have feature is being able to add disks to the pool. With hyper-v I installed omv and created a system drive and 4 fixed size…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread My new NAS: Odroid HC2 and Seagate Ironwolf 12TB..

Backup the root file system / SD card. I had problems with drives that disappeared when I asked OMV to use hdparm to set physical disk properties like spindown time. It appears that some HDDs are not compatible with hdparm. Anyway I couldn't figure out…
  • oxben -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raspberry Pi, Unifi Controller & Docker.

Hey TDL! I actually followed your YouTube video for setting this up, so thanks for that. Yes, I'm going to https://IP:8443. As for error message, very little, if none. This is from ssh.. Source Code (2 lines) This screen grab seems to show it is…
  • TheCondor -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x password sync passwd.

Quote from votdev: “Yeah that's the sad part of Samba that it is not possible to use the Linux user passwords. You need to call smbpasswd, e.g. like OMV is doing it: github.com/openmediavault/open…ned/module/samba.inc#L161 ” thanks, i added smbpasswd…
  • guzzisti -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x No HDD performance shown in "System Information".

Did you upgrade to kernel 4.19? See this thread: Monitoring: missing disk IO statistic values since update 4.19.0-0.bpo.1
  • guzzisti -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x CPU is quite busy - how to check why?.

htop will not give additional information about what processes use cpu then what is already shown in the "Processes" view in the web gui. Which itself is simply the output of top, from what i remember at the moment already sorted by cpu usage…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How does OMV system backup work for ARM?.

I do system backups of my HC2s by removing the SD card and cloning it offline using my Linux laptop. I use one Armbian HC2 as an app server more than a NAS. It has a 512 GB SSD. And it has the root fs on the SSD. Easy with Armbian, the config app does…
  • slb20 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Install OMV on Raspberry.

I have the same Problem. I ran omv-firstaid and resetted the Network and the port setting. But that is not a proper solution. I just want to do a fresh and simple installation without problems.
  • Netstumbler -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x How does OMV system backup work for ARM?.

Thread
    Hi, I've searched around, I just cant figure out how to perform emergency / system backup of this new OMV 4.1 / Odroid hc2 arm system with sata 3 1tb hd. To avoid redo of install, plugins, shares, updates etc. :S I understand how to backup the data…