openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

I'm looking to build a basic NAS our of a Raspberry Pi B+, to allow sharing of files in our Caravan/RV when on trips away.

I've downloaded the latest RPi image and ran it up. I'm using a Logitech K400+ wireless keyboard, but it appears that no driver is available for the keyboard.

Question I have, is it better to start with a fresh Debian build (RaspBian) and then install OMV as a package (if thats available)? Or is there a better way to get the keyboard working through the OMV package install? I don't have access to any other keyboards.
  • New

Hello,

Apologies if this isn't the right location I made this thread in, but I could use some help if someone has experienced this before.

I am using Docker and the Resilio-Sync container to sync data from another server (UnRaid for now until I switch to OMV) to my new OMV server.

I was able to map the Directory along with all the shares fine, and I mapped the location with the director I want to sync.

The issue is, when I try and create a new folder, or even try and sync it within Resilio-Sync WebUI, I get the error "You do not have permissions to write to this directory".

I've gone through and made sure all the users had admin/root privileges and made sure that the shared directory is Read/Write for the admin account.

I am not sure how to allow privileges to Docker/Resilio to allow writing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • New

Hallo Zusammen,

nach einem Stromausfall gab es bei meine OMV das Problem, dass mein RAID5 - Verbund nicht mehr angezeigt wurde. Nachdem ich das System neugestartet hatte, wurden mir wieder die drei phyisikalischen Festplatten angezeigt, der RAID - Verbund war allerdings komplett verschwunden. Anschließend habe ich einen neuen RAID5 - Verbund mit den Festplatten erstellt. Leider muss ich um ein Dateisystem anzulegen die Festplatten formatieren.

Gibt es einen Weg nochmal an die Daten auf der Platte zu kommen?

Vielen Dank für jede Hilfe!

Im Anhang einige Informationen zum System.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Where is deluge in omv extras 4.0

TheLostSwede

collectd errors

votdev

OMV Raspberry Pi B+ Wireless Keyboard

tkaiser

Pinned Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards

tkaiser

Autoshutdown funktioniert nicht

cabrio_leo

Recent Activities

• TheLostSwede -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Where is deluge in omv extras 4.0.

There isn't one, you have to use the docker.
  • DarkVodka34 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Where is deluge in omv extras 4.0.

Thread
    After upgrading from 2. to 4 due to a samba missmatch im missing deluge plugin for omv 4 bintray.com/openmediavault-plu…enmediavault-deluge/view# ive found this but no download. I don't want to run docker with one item I just need deluge only. the…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x collectd errors.

What is the output of Shell-Script (2 lines)
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV Raspberry Pi B+ Wireless Keyboard.

Quote from ShaneM: “is it better to start with a fresh Debian build (RaspBian) and then install OMV as a package (if thats available)? ” If you want OMV on Raspbian I would strongly recommend to use the optimized install variant: OMV 4 image for
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Quote from ShaneM: “Is there any way to inject the drivers so that it'll work out the box? ” Neiher know nor care. :) It should work since we use exactly the same kernel (= drivers) as Raspbian guys do (from archive.raspberrypi.org) but why connecting…
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread Autoshutdown funktioniert nicht.

Ich habe jetzt gerade keines parat, aber eigentlich sollte auch der Startprozess des Autoshutdown-Dienstes / daemons drin stehen. Wenn das Log-File ganz leer ist, dann ist das sehr seltsam. Dann stimmt vieleicht wirklich mit deiner Installation etwas…
  • AlphaZev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker Resilio-Sync Permissions to write in a directory.

Where do I enter in chmod? Shouldn't there be a parameter or setting to select admin/root user? I don't know how the docker plug in works that well and I don't know where to change these settings.
  • lh1983 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker Resilio-Sync Permissions to write in a directory.

can you just run chmod -R 777 [directory] to do the sync, and then chmod it back to a more sensible setting after the sync?
  • ShaneM -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

tkaiser - I have just downloaded the 'OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus' image and installed on my new RPi B+. Issue i'm facing is I'm using a Logitech K400+ keyboard and it's not being reconignesd. Is there any way to inject the drivers so that it'll work…
  • ShaneM -

Posted the thread OMV Raspberry Pi B+ Wireless Keyboard.

Thread
    I'm looking to build a basic NAS our of a Raspberry Pi B+, to allow sharing of files in our Caravan/RV when on trips away. I've downloaded the latest RPi image and ran it up. I'm using a Logitech K400+ wireless keyboard, but it appears that no driver…