openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hello,

I urgently need your help, so any suggestion is appreciated!

I decided to reinstall my OMV setup from scratch and after it was done, I can't access the File Systems. All Physical Disks (BTRFS, no RAID) are loaded but when I go to File Systems after a long loading phase I get an Error: "communication failure".

Already reinstalled it on different devices - USB 3.0 HDD and USB 2.0 flash drive but always the same issue. I really need your help!
  • New

I have the OMV running from an old WD 250Gb black sata disk and I have received alarms regularly that it is too hot (over +55° C).

That is not extreme but I dont like it in the long run. Especially as the other disks stays below 40° C...)

So I cloned the disk and started up the system with the cloned disk and I get errors.
    First there is no network interface.

And below that I get this error:
    "CIFS VFS: Error connecting to socket. Aborting operation.
    CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -101"

And a couple of more lines like that.

I suspect that I need to use omv-firstaid but I am not sure if I should do something else first.
    And for that matter what tools I need to use.
    "Configure network interface" seems like a nobrainer, as that probably will solve the network inteface (i hope).
    But I am not sure that'l fix the cifs errors.

I have switched back to use the old drive for the time being.
  • New

Hey guys,

I know there are plugins out there such as Sonarr, etc. But I wondered is there a plugin avalible for OMV that will keep track of my libary of TV series and notfy me when there is a new season? I don't need it to download or anything I just want it to notify me that there is a new season as I find my self having to go through my SMB libary and cross reference every TV Show I have to see if there has been any new season releases and soemtimes I'm a couple behind so an interface that allows me to can my media and be notified of any seasons that I dont have would be awesome.

Thanks,
    /Ky

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

no access to File Systems

Barracuda

OMV on Buffalo LS-WVL

fullerms

pi-hole in docker

raulfg3

Docker Issue - Sonarr and Deluge

flmaxey

Error: "Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusfs2WVj' (size=0)."

ramanvda

Recent Activities

• Barracuda -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) no access to File Systems.

Quote from jollyrogr: “can you access the file systems from a terminal? ” How can I do that? *edit: Do you mean if they are visible at /srv/...? No I can't. But I think therefore I have to mount them first, right? Kernel should be 4.9. Before that…
  • fullerms -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) OMV on Buffalo LS-WVL.

I resolved issue 3 by plugging in the UPS to the OMV NAS directly and configuring it to shutdown in 5 minutes. Once the config was applied using the NUT Plugin, I copied upssched.conf and then disabled the UPS in the plugin. Then I manually configured…
  • jollyrogr -

can you access the file systems from a terminal? Edit: What kernel are you running? I think the default is 3.16. It may not support BTRFS?
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) pi-hole in docker.

change it on /var/lib/docker/containers/2d1d02771be3a67de6ab79................/resolv.conf until new version 3.3 are available. forum.openmediavault.org/index…bb34ccc0df8682c9608be4f49
  • Introduction Many new users of OpenMediaVault have selected this operating system because they want to run a media server. They expect it to provide functions such as serving media to local or remote clients and downloading and organizing new content.…
  • Barracuda -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Docker Issue - Sonarr and Deluge.

Update: In OMV, under Access Rights Management, User I created a user named dockeruser. The new user went into the users group by default. # id dockeruser , on the command line, shows the UID to be 1000. I set the PUID's in both containers to 1000 ,…
  • Wolf2000 -

Hi on the GUI it is not possible to access the system file. Only via CLI
  • Barracuda -

Yes, my OMV is booting without problems and I can use the GUI etc. (also all my HDD's are listed in Physical Disks) but the only thing I can't access is the File Systems menu.
  • bunilla -

Liked mrtata’s post in the thread Resolved OMV 3.x (stable) some advices for a new NAS (update: feedback).

Like (Post)
    Hi, just to give you a little feedback on my config. here it is: - motherboard: ASROCK H270M-ITX/ac (with 6 sata port) - CPU: Pentium G4400 - rad CPU: BeQuiet Pure Rock Slim - RAM: Ballistix BLS8G4D240FSC Sport LT 8Go DDR4 - Power: BeQuiet Pure Power…