openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Permissions issues. I have 2 users with the same permissions. One works and the other doesn't. I am running 4.1.12

Can't see Existing Folders

jsimmonstx

SSH for newbie

macom

Systemdisk/OS disk almost full

Raid1 nach Upgrade (omv 3 --> omv 4) nicht mehr einbindbar

geaves

Recent Activities

• I have 2 users with the same permissions. One works and the other doesn't. with the second user I can write files but I cant copy files to a local system. When I do I get the following error "If the location is on a network, make sure you're connected…
  • jsimmonstx -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can't see Existing Folders.

So I have to share the existing folders separately? I thought I could get away with sharing the root of the partition... Maybe I did that part incorrectly? I'll ave to wait until I get home to check out the videos. I watched a couple of the tech dad…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SSH for newbie.

Quote from Warlock00: “I would like to move files between the folders without having to access a pc. I thought ssh was the best choice. ” You could use midnight commander to do that. To install sudo apt install mc To start sudo mc Search the internet…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can't see Existing Folders.

You can see the folders from Windows only, if you have enabled SMB/CIFS and if you have added the shared folders as shares in SMB/CIFS. You can check the videos linked in my signature.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid1 nach Upgrade (omv 3 --> omv 4) nicht mehr einbindbar.

Actually my fault, sorry, this is wrong md127: active (auto-read-only) raid1 sdb [0] sdc [1] Execute mdadm --readwrite /dev/md127 then do cat /proc/mdstat and you should see the raid resyncing once complete it should be fine.
  • Nito -

Replied to the thread OMV - Resilio at startup.

Hi Macom, Thank you so much for your quick response. This afternoon I have been testing '/pi/home/rslsync --webui.listen 0.0.0.0:8888' and it's works!! Moreover, following your advice, I'm going to test the other option (systemctl) Thanks!
  • geaves -

Quote from Warlock00: “I did not even know what ftp was for before. I think I've solved that by saving me the command lines can you tell me a good app for ftp? thank you so much ” Depends what you are using, for windows and linux you can use…
  • donh -

Replied to the thread Configure OMV 4.1.3 with AD 10000+ users.

I don't have 10000 users so take this with a grain of salt. I use sssd instead of winbind. It is a much newer way of doing things. I have a script in this thread that works for most windows ad. forum.openmediavault.org/index…Directory-LDAP-Revisited/ You…
  • jsimmonstx -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Can't see Existing Folders.

Thread
    I have managed to get shares configured, but when I browse the shares from Windows, I can't see folders that already exist on the shares. I have not yet tried it from another Linux box. I did't want to try creating a new folder until I was sure it…
  • Warlock00 -

I did not even know what ftp was for before. I think I've solved that by saving me the command lines can you tell me a good app for ftp? thank you so much