openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

About 3 years ago i migrated from FreeNAS to OMV 2.0 and as part of that migration shifted my data from ZFS to EXT4 via a long and arduous format and copy pattern with N+1 drives setup.

Fast forward to last week where we had a power outage and the USB stick running my N54L decided to call it quits and didn't come back on restart. No matter, i had a backup.

But i decided to take the opportunity to migrate to OMV 4, and downloaded 4.1.11 ISO earlier tonight and installed it on a new USB stick. After having to do the /dev/sda and sdb grub shuffle I am successfully in the GUI.

However, while the GUI sees all 4 drives in the NAS, and happily mounts one of the partitions (the newest), the other 3 are nowhere to be seen.

fdisk -l reports the existence of Linux file systems on sdb1, sdc1, and sdd1; none of which show up in OMV.

Manually mounting them in the console gives the error 'more filesystems detected', but they happily mount fine with -t ext4.

Using blkid can see that the file…
  • New

Hi All,

In regards to quotas, I have seen @ryecoaaron write in this forum recently:

"I agree they should be disabled by default (or have a place to disable them). The arm images I create have the quota service disabled by default."

What's the best and cleanest way to completely disable the quota service?

I've searched the forum but failed to turn up the definitive answer.

And before I disable quota's completely... Is there any benefit to leaving them on? I'm the only user accessing the OMV NAS, and I can't think of a reason to use quotas. Course one thing I love about OMV and the OMV developer community is how you don't let users do stupid things easily. So I'm curious if there's a benefit to enabling the quota service that I haven't groked.

Cheers,
    Steve

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Problems with shared folders. Another one...

drouth

Move admin system support to USB -> DD

Guitoumaster

Enough of Rpi, now what?

pabgan

Can't create shared folder

votdev

Can not perform any actions on shared folders

drouth

Recent Activities

• drouth -

Replied to the thread Problems with shared folders. Another one....

Here's something that may or may not help... I tried to delete the shared folder Music and when I went to Apply the change I received this error. Just before trying to remove the Music shared folder I had tried to remove the Documents folder and got an…
  • votdev -

Are there any processes that are using the shared folder '/sharedfolders/VirtualMachines'? Maybe the virtual box plugin uses that directory (which is forbidden for plugins). I can not say anything about that because i do not maintain this plugin.
  • Guitoumaster -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Move admin system support to USB -> DD.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Guitoumaster: “I use 8Go, it's not enought and i reading in this forum usb stick is not a good option because i generate many error in the time ” 8 GB is more than sufficient if you don't use plugins like Plex. And…
  • Guitoumaster -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Move admin system support to USB -> DD.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Guitoumaster: “I use 8Go, it's not enought and i reading in this forum usb stick is not a good option because i generate many error in the time ” 8 GB is more than sufficient if you don't use plugins like Plex. And the problem with USB…
  • drouth -

Here you go... systemctl daemon-reload returned nothing... Blank line. Source Code (3 lines)and: Source Code (18 lines) Thanks, David
  • pabgan -

Replied to the thread Enough of Rpi, now what?.

I hope this does not feel like post hijacking, but I have a question that I feel that fits good here. I want to build a fanless, cheap, easily upgreadable and future-proof NAS. I think that "Mainstream" NAS builds do not meet my requirements; the first…
  • votdev -

What is the output if you execute the following commands: Source Code (3 lines)
  • tkaiser -

Quote from Guitoumaster: “I use 8Go, it's not enought and i reading in this forum usb stick is not a good option because i generate many error in the time ” 8 GB is more than sufficient if you don't use plugins like Plex. And the problem with USB…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread Can't create shared folder.

Hopefully this will be fixed in openmediavault 4.1.12, see github.com/openmediavault/open…5fe3d18030df52e8af77e6d63.
  • Guitoumaster -

Quote from tkaiser: “Since OMV is just an add-on on top of Debian your question boils down to this web search when you're using a PC: 'grub move debian from usb to sata' That's assuming you want to attach the SSD to a SATA port. Since boot drive…