openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi all,

I've installed Ubuntu 18.04 (upgrade from 16.04) and am trying to install OMV, but get the following -

root@box:~# gdebi openmediavault_4.1.15-1_all.deb
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Reading state information... Done
    This package is uninstallable
    Dependency is not satisfiable: libjs-extjs6

Are there any workarounds / fixes?

Thanks for looking
  • New

I am running a Plex server on an Odroid Hc2 (debian arm v7) running openmediavault

OMV says my db is located in ‘/srv/dev-disk-by-label-plex/plexmediaserver’ and this setting is greyed out so it cant be changed. when i look there the newest date on any file is 11/24. I had to reinstall plex a few day ago and rebuild all the libraries so those file dates cant be current. which leads me to my question where is the database. How do I back it up so i can update plex without rescanning all my libraries.

I am NOT a linux guru and I am sure there is a way to do thi but I don’t know it.

Thanks for your help
  • New

Hi,
    I would like to regularly, automatically backup my system SD-card on OMV 4.1.15 on RPi2. Clonezilla does not exist for ARM, omv-backup is a pain to recover in case of error, so I wrote my own. I'm planning to use the following commands in a weekly cron job. Will this do the job?

Source Code

1. # cd to backup directory
    2. cd /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Backup/omvbackup
    3. # save previous backup
    4. mv -f imgfile.img imgfile.img.1
    5. # write system drive to img
    6. dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=imgfile.img bs=1M
    7. # shrink img with pishrink
    8. # https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Drewsif/PiShrink/master/pishrink.sh
    9. pishrink.sh imgfile.img
    Display All
  • New

Hi,
    I've been a happy user of OMV for several years now, had my 990fx / sempron 190x2 setup running fine with no video card fitted (removed it once all up and running in basement to reduce power consumption).
    Now since re-installing on new ssd Ive got things sorted again, but soon as I remove the video card from pcie the system will boot making a new video card not found noise, then a minute later the beeps telling me OMV has fired up as usual ( I think), BUT cannot log in with putty by ssh or on the gui. Fit card and all works again.
    I have googled and see that I "should" need a video card to post, but can't work out why it used to work fine. Looked in BIOS can't see anything obvious.
    Can anyone offer advice please?
    I should add that I am far from skilled in this area (which may already be obvious)! :D

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Unable to install OMV on Ubuntu 18.04 (dependency issue)

randomthoughts

Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?

Kai

Headless, automated backup of the system SD-card on RPi

badda

Not Able to Configure Remote Nextcloud

Agricola

Docker error for unknown service

kmal808

Recent Activities