openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Accessing home network via openvpn setup on OMV

anyway of backing up my docker containers and setup?

subzero79

ZFS Setup?

Sandy/Ivy "T" series or AMD Trinity? Which power efficient CPU choose?

OMV 4 vs OMV3 ... benefits of upgrading ?

gderf

Recent Activities

• denver2020 -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Accessing home network via openvpn setup on OMV.

Thread
    Hi Guys, I am quite new to openvpn and recently managed to setup openmediavault (on RPi) NAS setup with openvpn, and now can successfully access my NAS outside my home network via an android phone (as a client) Is there anyway I can configure this…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x anyway of backing up my docker containers and setup?.

Quote from mike390: “Try this: github.com/Red5d/docker-autocompose ” That one doesn't work, probably abandoned I'll give a try to the other Edit: the github indicates containerId, but is container name. It works good
  • warllo -

Posted the thread ZFS Setup?.

Thread
    I have been trying to setup ZFS on Open media vault and have no success. I've read through some post and it sounds like it may not be possible due to some issues with Debian source. Could someone confirm this? I'd really prefer to use ZFS but I'm not a…
  • doman18 -

Posted the thread Sandy/Ivy "T" series or AMD Trinity? Which power efficient CPU choose?.

Thread
    I want to upgrade my NAS build ... My 120$ ultrapowersaving 6-disk Asus E35m1-l build ... Im using ZFS, Nextcloud, transmission, samba, nfs and gogs (git server). Im using this server alone, no one else using it so my main concern is power consumption…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV 4 vs OMV3 ... benefits of upgrading ?.

OMV 3 is built on Debian Jessie which will reach end of life (EOL) in June 2018. Long term support (LTS) is slated to begin for a two year period after reaching EOL. How extensive LTS support will be is not clear. Additionally, at some point the OMV…
  • Mr Smile -

Replied to the thread Is OMV 4.x stable?.

Thanks for this clarification. So OMV4 is NOT (official) stable/final at this point and OMV3 is the recommended version. The "OMV4 stable"-tags in forum are also gone now. Is there any eta for OMV4 final on the horizon?
  • Mr Smile -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved VirtualBox does not work anymore.

I like OMV very much but I have to say that enabling backports was not a good idea! Debian has good reasons to make this optional and you should stay with it. Broken VirtualBox is just one symptom. Nobody knows what other problems are under the hood. The…
  • subzero79 -

Liked mike390’s post in the thread OMV 3.x anyway of backing up my docker containers and setup?.

Like (Post)
  • vshaulsk -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x OMV 4 vs OMV3 ... benefits of upgrading ?.

Thread
    Just trying to figure out what the advantages are of OMV4 vs OMV3 ? I know that OMV4 is on top of a newer version of Debian, but what are the benefits of upgrading? My main system is running OMV3 and I have a VM running OMV4 ...... Other than they…
  • 9Dedos -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Mount a disk without lose my information.

Quote from macom: “ - shut the server down - install your drive - start the server - mount the drive in the GUI of OMV - create a shared folder in the GUI of OMV and select a folder on the drive as target - enable SMB/CIFS and add the just created…