openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Storage File System Choices based on requirements - Suggestions?

cabrio_leo

[Feature Request] Configure file system options when mounting from the File Systems GUI

The session timeout set to 0 does *not* disable automatic logout in general preferences

topi

Raid5 inactive- Need help please

kaly

SMB/CIFS - cannot connect to shared folders

dhawk312

Recent Activities

• cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread Storage File System Choices based on requirements - Suggestions?.

There are some other drawbacks of the ZFS plugin, which should be known. - The drives already used for ZFS are still shown as available in several selection boxes in OMV. This drives shouldn´t be touched at all. - In any case avoid an "Export" of the…
  • cipherbreak -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) [Feature Request] Configure file system options when mounting from the File Systems GUI.

Thread
    What? Ability to configure, via checkboxes or otherwise, options when mounting a file system via the GUI; i.e. nofail, noexec, user_xattr. Why? This is essential for the correct functionality of application data on a mounted file system, including Plex.…
  • topi -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x The session timeout set to 0 does *not* disable automatic logout in general preferences.

Thanks votdev for the instructions. Here the output of the command: Shell-Script (9 lines)I hope this helps to track down the issue. Thanks, topi
  • kaly -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Raid5 inactive- Need help please.

Hi, Thanks for your answer. It is what I m doing. I don't want to loose my data but I have not enough space to backup all and it is very long to backup because of the very small CPU which is working a lot to compute the files missing part. Once all my…
  • dhawk312 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SMB/CIFS - cannot connect to shared folders.

Brand new. Just opened and tested it for size and errors on Sat then installed OMV on Sun.
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved omv 3 only seeing 4 gigs ram.

Maybe you have a bad module? Have you tested with memtest86+ ?
  • gekep -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Resize data partition of OMV on ESXi.

Thread
    I have OMV installed as VM on ESXI. The VM has system Disk and Data disk. Data Disk was granted 100 Gb. Now i want to expand it to 200 Gb. I have turned off OMV VM, extended disk in VMware console. Now in Physical Disks menu i can see that disk is 200…
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread Storage File System Choices based on requirements - Suggestions?.

Quote from vshaulsk: “Thought about switching to FreeNas for this build as ZFS is native, but I really like all the plugins in OMV and I am way more familiar. ” The ZFS integration in FreeNAS has way more possibilites than the ZFS plugin in OMV. With…
  • denpa999 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Connecting through LAN.

I wanted to see if I could avoid buying a cheap switch. But, I see the disadvantage of using windows as a host now. Thank you for all the replies everyone.
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved omv 3 only seeing 4 gigs ram.

The system only sees 3.3 GiB. Check the BIOS if your mainboard sees more RAM. But this does not help, if the OS does not detect more RAM, OMV can't do anything here.