openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi guys:

I purchased an Odroid HC-1 a couple of months ago and am finally trying to get it set up. I must warn you I am a complete Linux noob and know very little about the opperating system. So, treat me gently. I have also searched this and a dozen other forums and infomation on this little beast seems scarcer than hens teeth.

I have a 16GB SD card, which I formatted and loaded the latest OMV build for the HC-1, OMV_3_0_92_Odroidxu4_4.9.61.img.xz using Etcher.

All seems to have went well, but using Angry IP scanner I cannot see the HC-1 on my network. I have reburned the image a couple of times, but still no success. I have also rebooted the HC-1 by unplugging the power for several minutes with no effect. I waited more than the recommended 15 minutes for the image to load on the HC-1 before trying a scan.

I have the HC-1 plugged into my network vi a 1GB switch. Neither my router or Angry IP see the device.

Any suggestions?
  • New

My logic - I want as little stress as possible on my media drive, and downloading can be handled by a Download drive (I set up a separate partition on OMV boot drive). So my question is, is it best practice to have a separate drive to handle the downloading like I have set up? Then have Sab move it to a unzipping folder that is on my media drive then allow radarr/sonarr to do the rest?

What are the best practices or am I overthinking it? Do y'all simply have your media HD do the downloading etc?
  • New

I have OMV installed as VM on ESXI. The VM has system Disk and Data disk. Data Disk was granted 100 Gb. Now i want to expand it to 200 Gb. I have turned off OMV VM, extended disk in VMware console. Now in Physical Disks menu i can see that disk is 200 Gb, But in File Systems it is still 100 Gb. What is the correct way to extend this partition?

Thanks!

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV Web UI Behind NGINX Config

kochin

Best Practices of downloading then moving - Separate drives?

farazon

[Feature Request] Configure file system options when mounting from the File Systems GUI

ryecoaaron

HC-1 with OMV doesn't show up on IP Scan

metalguru

SMB/CIFS - cannot connect to shared folders

dhawk312

Recent Activities

• kochin -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x OMV Web UI Behind NGINX Config.

When I first tried it after reconfigure the main Nginx server, I got a blank page. Then I inspected the page in browser, and found some URI's were coded with absolute paths. My quick investigation led me to identify and modify two files,…
  • farazon -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Best Practices of downloading then moving - Separate drives?.

What you suggest would only make a difference if you set OMV to spin down your drives. General consensus seems to be that it's better to not spin down. This is also OMV's default setting. Feel free to do your own research on hdd spin down and make a…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) [Feature Request] Configure file system options when mounting from the File Systems GUI.

Quote from cipherbreak: “Why? This is essential for the correct functionality of application data on a mounted file system, including Plex. Otherwise, users must manually make changes on /etc/fstab. ” Manually changing fstab will be overwritten. just…
  • metalguru -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x HC-1 with OMV doesn't show up on IP Scan.

Yes, sorry, I should have put that in... Yes, the red led comes on with power, the green one comes on indicating a drive is attached, and the blue one comes on solid at power up, then begins the heartbeat double blink. Everything appears normal, and…
  • dhawk312 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SMB/CIFS - cannot connect to shared folders.

I renamed start-stop-daemon start-stop-daemon.REAL as stated in the link you sent. I then tried restarting the services, but smbd failed. Source Code (18 lines)
  • subzero79 -

There is a fix in the forum involves renaming a file. Take look here forum.openmediavault.org/index…337-Samba-does-not-start/ Report back if it is works now the daemon with systemd
  • heiner -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Samba share: Recycle bin does not / never get cleared.

I have run into the same phenomenon. There are various threads regarding this issue on the board. As recent as from last month. This one seems to be the most thorough one, though. Thanks for starting the debugging on this, 71CHi2OOeuF2. To summarize:…
  • dhawk312 -

That worked, finally! But, lots of errors, and the connection is slow. And, as soon as I ctrl-c or exit the SSH connection, the network connection closes immediately. Source Code (133 lines)
  • subzero79 -

Lots of errors but at the end looks like is working.if you leave it running can you access the shares with \\ipnas from windows?
  • MikeK -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Rp3b and wifi, not working?.

I've got same problem. After letting installation scripts to configure the system I can't get wlan0 to work in any way I know. Has this been resolved?