openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Rsnyc creates a temp. file which contains illegal windows characters

subzero79

Docker Resilio-Sync Permissions to write in a directory

lh1983

Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x

peterrrjr

NextCloud Installation Q & A

tinh_x7

Please help me with this simple problem

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rsnyc creates a temp. file which contains illegal windows characters.

The temp file is the file name plus an extension created by mktemp util. Doesn’t have those chars, is just 5 alpha numeric chars. Rsync is a separate binary, Omv doesn’t mantain it in case those filenames are created the way you mention. How is…
  • lh1983 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker Resilio-Sync Permissions to write in a directory.

you need a space between your option "-R" and 755, and you need to make sure you run the chmod command when you're already in /var/lib. Personally, I would run the command as: "chmod -R 755 /var/lib/docker" just because I want to make sure I'm running…
  • peterrrjr -

Replied to the thread Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from peterrrjr: “I have just upgrade OMV and I am having the same error. ” Everyone does until you fix it. It is a bug in the python package from the Debian repos. Quote from peterrrjr: “All the shares are working,…
  • tinh_x7 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x NextCloud Installation Q & A.

For me, it's easier to install NC directly than using Docker.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Please help me with this simple problem.

The filesystem label has a space in it. You need to change it to remove the space.
  • radio42 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Rsnyc creates a temp. file which contains illegal windows characters.

Thread
    It seems, that whenever a RSYNC is issued, that a temporary file is created, which contains illegal windows characters in the filename. This results in a windows application monitoring a certain folder on an OMV NAS to crash. Illegal windows filename…
  • Huberer -

Liked kekec888’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Virtualbox on omv4.

Like (Post)
    @Huberer hmm mine stays the same, but you are right with file vboxdrv, but that doesnt seems to affect or give any errors in log... Try this for autoboot: I made a workaround solution - i created a script in /etc/init.d/startvm startvm file…
  • Huberer -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Virtualbox on omv4.

@kekec888 Thank you very much. I've tested your script and everything runs fine :thumbsup: After reboot the VM is back again. Perfect. @ryecoaaron Don't know but in my case the VM didn't start after reboot. Fortunately the script of @kekec888 runs good.
  • myscha -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Wakealarm shenanigans.

Does the PC never wake up? I have the problem that it wakes once after a manual start and then never again, although /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm contains the expected time. Wakealarm only wakes once
  • Fako86 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Login am WebGUI nicht möglich, da system voll.

Quote from macom: “löschen geht mit rm <datei/verzeichnisname>wenn das Verzeichnis nicht leer ist, rekursiv löschen mit rm -r <verzeichnisname> aber vorsicht, nur löschen, wenn ganz sicher um den Verzeichnis- oder Dateinamen einzugeben reicht es die…