openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi,

I've searched around, I just cant figure out how to perform emergency / system backup of this new OMV 4.1 / Odroid hc2 arm system with sata 3 1tb hd. To avoid redo of install, plugins, shares, updates etc. :S I understand how to backup the data folders.

It seems the clonezilla TAB is missing on OMV 4.1 / Odroid-hc2 arm. I read this is was removed. This is a new system, works great, good time to perform system backup - it's clean! 8o

Also, I am reading up in Odroid forum, trying to figure out if I could or should install OMV directly onto the sata hd, as a service, boot off sd and have everything on sata drive. If so, I'll reinstall and clone the system off my win 10 machine. Thoughts? So far I reading armbian is buggy with debian stretch on the h2.

Anyone please comment. Thank You !
  • New

Hi,
    I build my first snapraid-setup with unionFS in OMV.

It seems to run OK.
    I have some questions...sorry for this.

After the setup I am not sure if this is right...???
    I read it somewhere here in the forum that it should be done like this:

One of my main questions is how to do the maintenance of my setup.
    What do I have to do after setup?

If I get the status of the Raid I get this:

No sync is in progress.
    The 100% of the array is not scrubbed.
    You have 443439 files with zero sub-second timestamp.
    Run the 'touch' command to set it to a not zero value.
    No rehash is in progress or needed.
    No error detected.

What does all this mean?
    What is the touch command? I do not find it in the GUI. Should I do it in terminal? I fear to mess-up something there.

What should I setup in the Settings tab of the plugin?

If you have some links to read or any other advice it would be nice.

Thanks for the help.
    F.
  • New

Hi,
    sometimes my CPU is quite busy. I would like to check what is going on.
    Is there something like the task-manager I know from windows...sorry long time windows-user...but I am getting better with linux!

I found the list of processes in System Information - but this is not much help for me...is it me - or the system.

Thanks for a hint.

Best.
    F.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

No HDD performance shown in "System Information"

guzzisti

CPU is quite busy - how to check why?

guzzisti

How does OMV system backup work for ARM?

Adoby

Install OMV on Raspberry

slb20

Some questions about Snapraid...still learning.

gderf

Recent Activities

• guzzisti -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x No HDD performance shown in "System Information".

Did you upgrade to kernel 4.19? See this thread: Monitoring: missing disk IO statistic values since update 4.19.0-0.bpo.1
  • guzzisti -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x CPU is quite busy - how to check why?.

htop will not give additional information about what processes use cpu then what is already shown in the "Processes" view in the web gui. Which itself is simply the output of top, from what i remember at the moment already sorted by cpu usage…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How does OMV system backup work for ARM?.

I do system backups of my HC2s by removing the SD card and cloning it offline using my Linux laptop. I use one Armbian HC2 as an app server more than a NAS. It has a 512 GB SSD. And it has the root fs on the SSD. Easy with Armbian, the config app does…
  • slb20 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Install OMV on Raspberry.

I have the same Problem. I ran omv-firstaid and resetted the Network and the port setting. But that is not a proper solution. I just want to do a fresh and simple installation without problems.
  • Netstumbler -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x How does OMV system backup work for ARM?.

Thread
    Hi, I've searched around, I just cant figure out how to perform emergency / system backup of this new OMV 4.1 / Odroid hc2 arm system with sata 3 1tb hd. To avoid redo of install, plugins, shares, updates etc. :S I understand how to backup the data…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Some questions about Snapraid...still learning..

Quote from FFrank: “OK, this looks promising. But I probably need help to set it up. First question comes to mind...where to save the script to not let it mess up during the next update of OMV? ” It's arbitrary where you put the script. But…
  • FFrank -

OK, this looks promising. But I probably need help to set it up. First question comes to mind...where to save the script to not let it mess up during the next update of OMV? But I have to sleep now - it is in the middle of the night. Thanks for…
  • gderf -

I suggest reading thru the SnapRAID home page: http://www.snapraid.it/manual.html The script settings you have are reasonable. But these only affect the OMV provided script which I do not use. I prefer this one which has to be modified by editing it: …
  • hoppel118 -

Liked raulfg3’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Choose download location of docker images?.

Like (Post)
    in settings. BUT.... must be done in the first install ( existing dockers are not moved to new location) forum.openmediavault.org/index…2f5bf599b2c612e52965356d3
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x CPU is quite busy - how to check why?.

It's not a Plugin. In a root shell run: apt-get install htop