openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi,

I have nicely running Openmediavault, and I'm very pleased. I now want to move this install to a new SSD before I move this server to a DC. What is the best way to do this? Has Openmediavault some tools I'm not aware of?
  • New

Since a few days I have a problem with remote desktop, from win10 i launch "Remote Desktop", it connects with my omv, it asks me to login, then i have only a blank window.
    I tried to uninstall and reinstall plugin.
    I don't know i it can helps but from file .xorgxrdp.10.log i found some errors:

Source Code

1. cat .xorgxrdp.10.log | grep EE
    2. (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
    3. [ 397.096] (EE) systemd-logind: failed to take device /dev/dri/card0: Operation not permitted
    4. [ 397.152] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
    5. [ 397.152] (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    6. [ 397.152] (EE) GLX: could not load
  • New

I formatted my data disk today and I copied all data back to it from my other disk.
    Until yesterday everything was working. I fooled around with permissions and ACL and absolute nothing worked. A real nightmare.

I've set up my share and my samba again and mapped it to Windows. Everything fine.
    I can see and access all files but I can not create files or folders.

HOW to set up users (NO extra groups!), Samba shares and "Permissions" (NO ACL) so I can use my share via Windows again?

ls -la output

Source Code

1. me@nas:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Seagate2TB$ ls -la
    2. insgesamt 76
    3. drwxr-xr-x 14 root root 221 Aug 16 20:13 .
    4. drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 4096 Aug 16 14:22 ..
    5. drwxr-xr-x 5 root users 60 Apr 12 21:04 Images
    6. -rwxr-xr-x 1 root users 416 Jul 16 13:07 Test.txt
  • New

Hi. It used to be when you made a raid there would be a spinning ball thing or a percentage cannot remember which.

Now when you create a raid it says to wait until the raid is initialised before creating a file system, however there is no visual feedback, how am I supposed to know when its good to go?

Also I had another raid of two disks in stripe, both disk were showing as failing in SMART so I pulled them, this was obviously wrong as the file system still shows but as missing. So far as I can tell there is no way to remove this which is a bit of a pain because when starting up OMV it spends ages looking for it. Is there no way to delete this without n00bs rooting around in files?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Remote Mount plugin OK but no Share Folder ?

ryecoaaron

omv-engined segfault error 4 in php7.0

ryecoaaron

New SSD

ryecoaaron

RAID6 8-drives keeps dropping discs - SOLVED

ryecoaaron

How to set OMV to boot Clonezilla once via Shell?

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Remote Mount plugin OK but no Share Folder ?.

Quote from sam_scade: “192.168.1.31:/Data2 /srv/27a65d48-66bf-4967-bcf0-b66e227286cb nfs4 rw,relatime,vers=4.2,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,namlen=255,hard,proto=tcp,timeo=14,retrans=2,sec=sys,clientaddr=192.168.1.26,local_lock=none,addr=192.168.1.31 0…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread omv-engined segfault error 4 in php7.0.

I only see that error once when logging into the web interface for the first time. Because the plugin's tabs are loaded at that time, it is possible that code does not have access to info that it needs. If something wasn't working, I would be more…
  • sam_scade -

I use the same cibles on another srvbkup01 (omv 2.2.14) but with Remote Shares plugin... NFS conflicts beetween two server who want to mount the same cibles ???
  • sam_scade -

root@SRVBKUP02:~# grep nfs /proc/mounts 192.168.1.31:/Data2 /srv/27a65d48-66bf-4967-bcf0-b66e227286cb nfs4…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x New SSD.

Quote from MvL: “you mean use the backup plugin Openmediavault provide? ” That could work but is difficult to explain how to do it. Clonezilla is better.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RAID6 8-drives keeps dropping discs - SOLVED.

Quote from BazzUK: “Does matter switched to Feenas all is good. ” Well, at least you waited four hours (minus time to intall freenas) to get a response. There is no reason that system shouldn't work with OMV. I have used a 9211-8i for years with…
  • ryecoaaron -

Looks right. Not sure why it isn't working. Might be because your share doesn't have a leading slash. What is the output of: grep nfs /proc/mounts
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x How to set OMV to boot Clonezilla once via Shell?.

Quote from KOENICH: “how to boot to Clonezilla via shell ” omv-grubiso rebootcz
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x New SSD.

Sorry. I just remove and clone my SD-card to backup my OMV system drive. How you should do it best I don't know. But you need to find out really fast before your system drive crash... Sorry, now I jinxed you... If you pretend that your system drive…
  • tkaiser -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread OMV 4.x New SSD.

Like (Post)
    The easiest might be to pretend that the current system drive has crashed. Remove the HDD. Install the SSD and restore your backup of the system drive. Also a nice test of your backup system.