openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi all still a noob user but I really like OMV.
    I recently had this problem where my web gui page wouldn't load.
    Searched here and found the 16gb root drive was full. I managed to delete old compressed copys of the log files and get my web gui working again.
    The /var/log folder was full like 12gb of data in var/log.
    Can someone please try to help me figure out what I am doing wrong and why the root drive is filling up with these log files.

Thanks for any help
    Robert
  • New

Hi, I enabled email notifications and since that day I receive this daily email from Anacron:

Source Code

1. run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/monitor-raspi-health exited with return code 1
    2. /etc/cron.daily/openmediavault-cron-apt:
    3. stdin: is not a tty

Once a week, also the cron.weekly job sends an email:

Source Code

1. /etc/cron.weekly/openmediavault-update-smart-drivedb:
    2. stdin: is not a tty

Can you help me to stop receiving those messages?
  • New

I changed the dns settings in the settings in OMV, And now everytime I boot it get stuck on this error

Source Code

1. Failed to bring up lo
    2. /etc/resolvconf/update.d/libc: warning: /etc/resolv.conf is not a symbolic link to
    I can't get past this error so no command line no nothing. I'm very new to linux so without getting to a command like to edit the network file im stuck.
    Thanks

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Help- How do I Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch)?

SteveMann

Full root drive help

donh

Raid 5 growing

RobertR728

Failed to bring up lo. No boot no command line nothing

donh

ZFS Degraded Pool

bookie56

Recent Activities

• SteveMann -

Replied to the thread Help- How do I Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch)?.

Thanks- that and some old-fashioned research helped me understand a lot. Linux is getting more versatile for me every day. Who knows, I may switch my main PC to Debian some day, or at least, dual-boot. Perhaps you can help me get a bit further in my…
  • donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Full root drive help.

Did you read the logs to see what it is writing about? A few details like hardware type etc might get better guesses. One other quick tip df -h shows the size of your partitions. apt-get clean all cleans your apt cache which can store a lot of archives…
  • RobertR728 -

Replied to the thread Raid 5 growing.

So that has me wondering another question. I used the software raid built into OMV. I've read that snap raid plug-in if an array fails the disks could still be read one by one to recover allot of the data. Does that same effect happen with OMV built in…
  • donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Failed to bring up lo. No boot no command line nothing.

• bookie56 -

Replied to the thread ZFS Degraded Pool.

Hi flmaxey :) I have been adding files to the new raid with brtfs and doing the scrubs.... No problems yet.... bookie56
  • DarkVodka34 -

Liked donh’s post in the thread OMV 2.x Failed to bring up lo. No boot no command line nothing.

Like (Post)
    Are you looking at your hard drive or the live system?
  • DarkVodka34 -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Failed to bring up lo. No boot no command line nothing.

Hahah your a star! I was editing the wrong one. thanks
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Raid 5 growing.

Quote from RobertR728: “Now I understand why you all said it thrashes the drives... ” And if your drives had significant age on them the chances of a drive failure, during a rebuild, are significant. Along those lines, don't forget to backup your…
  • RobertR728 -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Full root drive help.

Thread
    Hi all still a noob user but I really like OMV. I recently had this problem where my web gui page wouldn't load. Searched here and found the 16gb root drive was full. I managed to delete old compressed copys of the log files and get my web gui working…
  • donh -

Are you looking at your hard drive or the live system?