openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Error: "Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusfs2WVj' (size=0)."

molnart

RPi v2 current 3.0.88 doesn't see 3.0.89

petrus

ProFTP not starting correctly on boot

OMV 2.2.13 installation messed up

bergerking

SD-Card damaged

morph8000

Recent Activities

• molnart -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Error: "Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusfs2WVj' (size=0).".

in my case it seems the issue is related to OMV 4. installing and setting up OMV 3.0.89 did not invoke the issue. so it seems like this: 1) HP N40L - OMV 4.0.6 failed to read file error appears after installing & setting up plugins, reproduced 3…
  • petrus -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Update RPi v2 current 3.0.88 doesn't see 3.0.89.

Ok so as expected, a fresh install from scratch will be better, it's used online by friends... so better security by kernel/packages updates is always welcome :) I didn't see any wifi update... that's why I think my set up is a little strange :s Thx for…
  • bergerking -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.2.13 installation messed up.

Hi Macom, thanks for your help. There is no critical data on the system drive, I use an SSD only for the OS. I've 3 x 4TB in raid 0. So with an USB stick or just a hard disk I can try to install OMV again (latest version) and check if I can set it up…
  • morph8000 -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x SD-Card damaged.

i waited 25 minutes. But couldnt see any progress or reboot. Then I started apt-get update/upgrade/clean etc. with putty.
  • molnart -

Replied to the thread Is there a Mergerfs Howto?.

probably you will need to setup the shares again though, not a big issue but can take some time if you have a lot of them. (share management is done in a quite cumbersome way in OMV). one caveat regarding mergefs though: i realized my read/write speeds…
  • joq3 -

Quote from raulfg3: “Quote from joq3: “Quote from ryecoaaron: “Use the unionfilesystems plugin for mergerfs. Add drives. Create shared folder from pool. It is that easy. ” I am currently at 2.2.14 and about to do a fresh install with 3.0.…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x SD-Card damaged.

Quote from morph8000: “tried to install Java8, getting error: ” Please ask Oracle, it's a redirect loop between their servers ending in 'ERROR 404: Not Found.' -- maybe this is fixed within few hours (at their servers), maybe not. Wrt other problems…
  • raulfg3 -

Quote from joq3: “Quote from ryecoaaron: “Use the unionfilesystems plugin for mergerfs. Add drives. Create shared folder from pool. It is that easy. ” I am currently at 2.2.14 and about to do a fresh install with 3.0. Using Pooling (aufs) right…
  • nneedd -

Liked Beo666’s post in the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) After update to 4.x "A start job is running for...".

Like (Post)
    Hi, just tested... the whole boot process takes more than 2 minutes. When I comment the swap lines in the fstab there's just one "A start job is running..." message, before that there were 2 messages. It stucks for the 90s best regards Lukas
  • drdownload -

Both aufs and mergerfs are filebased, there is no array or something to be rebuilt