openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

OS/Debian informationDistributor ID: debian
    Description: Debian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy)
    Release: 7.11
    Codename: wheezy
    openmediavault informationRelease: 2.2.14
    Codename: Stone burner

It has probably been 2 years since I've had to dive into this box. I am very rusty.
    Sonarr just died the other day. The interface will not load. My guess is some kind of DB corruption. Can anyone provide me with some guidance?
    • Where are the SONARR logs?
    • Would a package uninstall and reinstall be prudent? It's been up a very long time, maybe a fresh build would be a good idea. If so, how do I ensure OMV performs a complete uninstall so the issue does not persist? What gotcha's could happen in this scenario?
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Again, it has been a very long time since I've had to delve into my OMV machine so I need some refreshers. The thing just works, set it and forget it, then I forget everything.
    Thanks!
  • New

Hi,

when I want to backup my stystem SSD for example. Can I mount /dev/md0 (the software raid of omv) and write my backup there? I have a RAID1 (mirror).

I would
    1. boot my box from an usb drive with clonezilla(omv is not running at that moment)
    2. clone the ssd to somewere on /dev/md0
    Or is there a better approach to do this?

Do I have to mount somthing else?

Another use-case: When I'm running docker containers on the SSD, but want to have the data on the harddisks (which are raid configured). Is this possible from the viewpoint of the raid?
  • New

My Odroid HC2 has just arrived, along with the two identical 32GB SD cards, that I intend to use for the OMV.

What is the best way to keep them cloned so that if one suddenly fails, I can quickly slip in the replacement?

Should I physically remove the card (say, once a week), clone it with the second via a laptop and then replace it or is there a way to automatically update the card to my backup server?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Page dump error on new install

ryecoaaron

Why is my RAID array not active?

bvrulez

Hardware suggestions for a mini NAS?

marcsgirall

How to keep two SD Cards cloned, in case one fails?

Adoby

Gave up waiting for root file system device. Stuck at Busybox after new install on usb

Ranieri94

Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Page dump error on new install.

Quote from Antioch: “How does the ZFS plugin get along with the proxmox kernel? ” It doesn't know anything about the kernel. Quote from Antioch: “Is the plugin aware of the proxmox kernel and doesn't force unnecessary recompiles of the stock…
  • bvrulez -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Why is my RAID array not active?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from bvrulez: “This leaves only one option: The OMV4 installation itself is broken. ” Could well be if you have already tried to boot from the SSD and you still have no GUI or SSH. You could probably move down the SnapRaid, something that I…
  • bvrulez -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Why is my RAID array not active?.

Yes, I booted from SSD and every time I am stuck with emergency mode. I tried to update/upgrade the system there and got a new kernel but that did not change anything. I probably have two problems here: The OMV is not okay and my 7th disk does stay in…
  • marcsgirall -

Replied to the thread Hardware suggestions for a mini NAS?.

I've been using an embedded A68N-5600 Biostar board w/ 6gb of DDR3. It's more than powerful enough for what you're looking at, it's mini-itx & has 4 SATA ports. I just went to take a look & haven't been able to find another on Newegg or Amazon (got it…
  • geaves -

Quote from bvrulez: “This leaves only one option: The OMV4 installation itself is broken. ” Could well be if you have already tried to boot from the SSD and you still have no GUI or SSH. You could probably move down the SnapRaid, something that I…
  • bvrulez -

Thanks for the link to the discussion about RAID. I can confirm that my OMV RAID6 is in an inactive state now but it had been in a degraded state once already, when a disk failed while the system was up. So everything you discussed in the other thread is…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to keep two SD Cards cloned, in case one fails?.

I also only use offline backups of my SD cards. I practice I use my Linux laptop with a SD card reader and some scripts to read or write cards. I talk about it in this thread: New to OMV and Linux There are many other tools and methods. But you need a…
  • Thanks! Now it works fine! :D :thumbsup:
  • bvrulez -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Why is my RAID array not active?.

Like (Post)
    What you need to is to wipe that disk before adding to the array, this thread might be of some help, but as to your GUI and SSH problem I don't know, what you could try is unplug your raid then just boot the server from the o/s drive and see what…
  • Groty -

Posted the thread OMV 2.x Sonarr stopped working, just hangs. I could use some guidance, I am very rusty..

Thread
    OS/Debian informationDistributor ID: debian Description: Debian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy) Release: 7.11 Codename: wheezy openmediavault informationRelease: 2.2.14 Codename: Stone burner It has probably been 2 years since I've had to dive into this box. I am…