openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

ZFS scrub job uses a lot of system ressources -> email notifications -> monit alert -- Resource limit matched

flmaxey

ZFS Mirror Pool creation fails on LUKS-encrypted devices

dziekon

How Rebuilt my old ZFS Pool

flmaxey

OMV Performance Statistic Graphs

superfrog73

Missing file system after upgrade from 3.x to 4.x

ggibeau

Recent Activities

• With your pool being raidz, your parallel read/write throughput is much higher than my little mirror (effectively one disk). While it's obviously not an apples to apples comparison, this is what my scrubs look like. OM4 (kernel 4.18.0), 64 bit Atom, 4GB…
  • dziekon -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ZFS Mirror Pool creation fails on LUKS-encrypted devices.

Ok, it took me some time to prepare a fix for the GPT labeling problem. I took my time to prepare a more "future-proof" solution that also solves the devices referencing problems, and should be a solid foundation for future rework of the plugin. Feel…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How Rebuilt my old ZFS Pool.

Quote from hoppel118: “If this is the complete "zpool history", you never created zfs filesystems on your zpool. Didn't know that it is possible to work on the root of the pool directly. ” It is (possible). The first time I set up a ZFS pool, I…
  • superfrog73 -

Replied to the thread OMV Performance Statistic Graphs.

• superfrog73 -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread OMV Performance Statistic Graphs.

Like (Post)
    Quote from superfrog73: “And why the 1/5/15 minute averages? ” Maybe brendangregg.com/blog/2017-08-08/linux-load-averages.html will answer your question.
  • ggibeau -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Missing file system after upgrade from 3.x to 4.x.

This is a new one logged in as root run /proc/mdstat get Permission denied error root@omv2:~# /proc/mdstat bash: /proc/mdstat: Permission denied root@omv2:~# So I ran: root@omv2:~# cat /proc/mdstat Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [linear]…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Systemdisk/OS disk almost full.

See what you can find under /var/lib/docker The sub-dir /containers might have something interesting. Unfortunately, Docker uses a merged directory structure to create containers, that's not unlike UnionFS. Basically the components of a container…
  • superfrog73 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Some docker containers don't like it when fstab is noexec.

Quote from subzero79: “Find the fstab entries you don't want with noexec in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml look at the mnent entries. Remove the noexec directive and run omv-mkconf fstab Reboot. If you want future attached disks the same you need to…
  • superfrog73 -

Liked subzero79’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Some docker containers don't like it when fstab is noexec.

Like (Post)
    Find the fstab entries you don't want with noexec in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml look at the mnent entries. Remove the noexec directive and run omv-mkconf fstab Reboot. If you want future attached disks the same you need to edit Omv environmental…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Build a low-power NAS with a SBC.

Quote from Nefertiti: “2 are listed one 64 the other plain armhf what are the differences? ” One is 64 bit and the other is 32 bit. If you don't have a reason to use one or the other, then follow ayufan's advice when he says the 32 bit (armhf)…