openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

I had rebooted my OMV, and was surprised to find my RAID devices gone. Fortunately using this command *seemed* like it restored the /dev/md4 target

Source Code

1. <strong>mdadm --assemble --verbose /dev/md4 </strong>

But now I see a /dev/md4 showing in a clean state, and a /dev/md4p1 in a false state (see attachment). How do I clean this up? I can't tell if the Mirror is actually healthy or not. The 'mdadm --query --detail' and '/proc/mdstat' seems to report that it is.

I had another RAID device that was similar, and thought that since the one looked right, I could delete the /dev/md#p1 - not so! Doing that made both disappear
  • New

Hi,

since my from 3 to 4 upgrade my NFS service is red in my OMV dashbord.
    But, if I use the service command to get status, the service is green and I want to use it, all work fine.
    Any idea ?

Shell-Script

1. service nfs-kernel-server status
    2. ● nfs-server.service - NFS server and services
    3. Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nfs-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    4. Active: active (exited) since Tue 2018-08-14 10:18:00 CEST; 2h 1min ago
    5. Main PID: 1250 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    6. CPU: 0
    7. CGroup: /system.slice/nfs-server.service
  • New

Hi there,

I am currently running an HP Microserver Gen7. It is showing its age and I need more drive bays, so I want to replace it. Empty cases with 12 or more 3.5" drive bays cost more than a Gen10 Microserver. Therefore I want to use a drive shelf to expand a Gen10 Microserver.

The PCIe 3.0 x8 Slot should take a HBA like this without Problems: geizhals.de/adaptec-hba-1000-16e-2288200-r-a1377025.html. The Bandwidth of the PCIe 3.0 x8 Slot should be more than enough for up to 24 drives.

My Problems start when I try to find a SAS/SATA 6Gbit/s disk shelf with SFF-8644 connectors including drive caddies for a reasonable price. I don't care if it is used as long as it works.

Does anyone have any suggestions which drive shelf I need to look for. Using another HBA would be fine too. I would like to be able to add at least 12 3.5" drive Bays. SAS/SATA 6Gbit/s and Disks up to 12 TB should be possible. I don't want to use a RAID controller.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

postfix

ransur0t

Guide to OMV 4 Active Directory Integration

donh

RAID Mirror pair state - clean and false

Login notification user

Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• ransur0t -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.2 Resolved postfix.

Quote from travica: “i solved the problem in /etc/postfix/main.cf on line inet_interfaces = loopback-only change to localhost and now is working. Thanks for your help. ” Bingo, that solved my issue with notification emails not working after the…
  • donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Guide to OMV 4 Active Directory Integration.

Active directory is very dependent on dns. root@OMV-VM10:~# realm join -U administrator MYDOMAIN.local --verbose * Resolving: _ldap._tcp.mydomain.local * Resolving: mydomain.local * No results: mydomain.local realm: Cannot join this realm
  • ransur0t -

Liked travica’s post in the thread OMV 0.2 Resolved postfix.

Like (Post)
    i solved the problem in /etc/postfix/main.cf on line inet_interfaces = loopback-only change to localhost and now is working. Thanks for your help.
  • bkeadle -

Posted the thread OMV 2.x RAID Mirror pair state - clean and false.

Thread
    I had rebooted my OMV, and was surprised to find my RAID devices gone. Fortunately using this command *seemed* like it restored the /dev/md4 target Source Code (1 line) But now I see a /dev/md4 showing in a clean state, and a /dev/md4p1 in a false…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked Jip’s post in the thread Problem with simple file sharing.

Like (Post)
    Decided to try out if I could get it working with Docker. Finally got it up and running this way. Now that it's working, I'm not going to try the built in SMB service any more. I guess my initial problem was indeed related to permissions. So case…
  • llaumgui -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Login notification user.

Thread
    Hi, When I login to my WebGUI a mail is send by this function: github.com/openmediavault/open…ault/rpc/session.inc#L124 The problem is taht the mail is send to my admin@omv.localdomain mail. Is there a way to change this mail ? I use /etc/alias and…
  • ellnic -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from ellnic: “So it's the latest 4.15, right? ” Yep.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?.

Quote from ellnic: “So it's the latest 4.15, right? ” Yep.
  • ellnic -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?.

Yup :) So it's the latest 4.15, right? So: * linux_4.15.0-31.33/ * 2018-08-07 11:30 In which case: changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelo…ux_4.15.0-31.33/changelog There's a few DVB-T changes in there @hoppel118.. You may want to check the kernels…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from ellnic: “In which case, there's a ton of that here: ” Should be easy to find stuff then :D