openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Good evening all. I'm in the process of migrating from a Synology docker host to an R710 with OMV (media will still reside on the Synology for now). No issues with getting it or Docker up and running, but I'm getting some permissions issues in a couple containers accessing a CIFS mount on that Synology.

For example, Radarr gives me `Folder is not writable by user abc` and Calibre gives me `IOError:[Errno 13] Permission denied: u'/eBooks/Calibre/calibre_test_case_sensitivity.txt'.

I have checked the PGID and PUID settings in each container, as well as making sure that the share is accessible by Everyone with RW access, and making sure the user1 account running the containers has full access in OMV. What am I missing here? What can I do to troubleshoot where the breakage is? Thanks.
  • New

The subject of this thread is simple, or should be I hope - - - what is the very best way to back up the configuration settings of an OMV installation that is up and running smoothly????

Before starting to play with WOL and Plex and a few others I felt it was necessary to be completely confident in how to create and restore a smooth functioning OMV install and all of its configurations.

After jumping in to scour the WEB and the OMV forum I was very surprised at the complexity that confronted me. Threads like the following blew me out the door.

Thread 1, Thread 2, Thread 3

Threads like that have led me into a world of complexity and multiple ideas/solutions where I do not understand why the intense complexity has to exist in the first place. There are a ton of very smart individuals on this forum of whom I have great respect for. I envy their intelligence regarding OMV. The forum and OMV could not exist without wizards like these users.

So, I want to see if this thread can reveal…
  • New

Hello,
    I am trying to set up my Brother MFC-495CW printer to be shared through my OMV rock64.

I have installed the following packages on my OMV rock64, as there are no CUPS drivers included for my printer, and none of the Generic ones work at all (printer goes into a "Receiving Data" loop):
    mfc495cwlpr-1.1.3-1.i386.deb
    mfc495cwcupswrapper-1.1.3-1.i386.deb

I have tried both USB and LPD connections, and have followed instructions in the following link, but nothing prints (even though the Job is marked "Completed"):
    support.brother.com/g/b/downlo…&prod=mfc495cw_all&os=128

I'd appreciate possible solutions to this problem.

Thanks,
    Andrew
  • New

Hello.

I have just bought myself an Odroid HC2, so I now have two systems on my network running OMV.

I want to move one of the hard drives from my original server to the HC2 - do I have to anything about permissions before I do this (I have added the clear permission addon, which I assume is necessary)?

I am slightly worried that if I just eject the drive and it to the HC2, it will say something about not having permission to access it.

Thanks.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process

flmaxey

Wifi adapters support

flmaxey

Remote Mount permissions issues

No read/write on ONE samba share, full access on other (OMV4 on XU4)

hanscie

Port Forward

Remi

Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

If booting OMV from a USB thumb-drive, with a known working clone in hand, it's possible to be back up in 3 minutes. Easy...
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Wifi adapters support.

There are a few options you may not be thinking about. (The follow links are examples only. This is not an endorsement for these products.) 1. A WiFi Range Extender with an Ethernet port. 2. Power line adapters. 3. A wireless router used as a "media…
  • themeatsweats -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Remote Mount permissions issues.

Thread
    Good evening all. I'm in the process of migrating from a Synology docker host to an R710 with OMV (media will still reside on the Synology for now). No issues with getting it or Docker up and running, but I'm getting some permissions issues in a couple…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Quote from Kai: “Quote from KM0201: “There was a configuration back up back in early beta versions like around .2, but it broke more new installations than it helped restore... so Volker removed it IIRC, I read something in one of his posts not to…
  • KM0201 -

Liked Kai’s post in the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Like (Post)
    Quote from KM0201: “There was a configuration back up back in early beta versions like around .2, but it broke more new installations than it helped restore... so Volker removed it IIRC, I read something in one of his posts not to long ago he's testing…
  • Kai -

Quote from KM0201: “There was a configuration back up back in early beta versions like around .2, but it broke more new installations than it helped restore... so Volker removed it IIRC, I read something in one of his posts not to long ago he's testing…
  • hanscie -

Liked hanscie’s post in the thread OMV 4.x No read/write on ONE samba share, full access on other (OMV4 on XU4).

Like (Post)
    Hi everyone checking this thread looking for an answer... The easiest way to fix this is to have the concerning disks (NTFS format) attached to a USB port of a WIN10 machine and have WIN10 shutdown fully while that HDD is connected to your windows…
  • hanscie -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x No read/write on ONE samba share, full access on other (OMV4 on XU4).

Hi everyone checking this thread looking for an answer... The easiest way to fix this is to have the concerning disks (NTFS format) attached to a USB port of a WIN10 machine and have WIN10 shutdown fully while that HDD is connected to your windows…
  • KM0201 -

Quote from Kai: “Quote from ryecoaaron: “The openmediavault-backup plugin is easy to setup and one click to backup or you can even setup a scheduled backup with it. Yes, there are lot of steps to restore but there is no getting around that. There is a …
  • Remi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Port Forward.

Quote from jollyrogr: “Please don't. Use a VPN if you need to access your server from outside your network. ” Can you explain in short why ? Regards