openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hello,

I am pretty new to OMV (had QNAP for years) and I am still in 'experiencing and testing' mode.

Today I ran into a full rootfs after starting rsync to backup some data on an USB external HDD which is connected all the time to the NAS and mounted to /srv/dev-disk-by-label-backup/.
    The command executed was: /usr/bin/rsync -av /srv/dev.../media/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label/media/

I found out that although the external USB drive was never removed from the NAS it seems to be unmounted or in some sort of an unknown state probably due to automatic spindown. It does not show up in the WebIF Drives section and I have to click on the 'Search' button to make it reappear.

My questions are: How can I prevent such a behaviour (accidently backing up data to the rootfs because of a 'sleeping' device) and how could that even happen? Shouldn't the drive reappear automatically if a process is trying to accessing it?

Thank you in advance

Regards
    Michael
  • New

Hello community,
    Excuse my bad english.I am French speaking.
    I have a dedicated server with a single hard drive of 500Gb. I installed Debian 9.4 thanks to the management interface of my dedicated then OMV with SSH.
    In OMV I can see my hard drive of 500Gb but I can not select it. He is not present when I see him select him.
    How-is it possible to select my hard drive?
    Thank you 8o
    Robby
  • New

I'm hoping someone can help me troubleshoot an issue with failed checksums when pulling docker images:

# docker pull linuxserver/plex
    Using default tag: latest
    latest: Pulling from linuxserver/plex
    32802c0cfa4d: Verifying Checksum
    1643fa16260a: Download complete
    5768751b4c70: Download complete
    05b8a8268766: Download complete
    cef14ece6765: Download complete
    47930d69bbc1: Download complete
    c21e238ddbe4: Verifying Checksum
    8294a1b762c6: Download complete
    4007aef5d48e: Verifying Checksum
    3e2d225ae398: Download complete
    filesystem layer verification failed for digest sha256:4007aef5d48e666701d5e2608e6f8ce77525bc37563e05bbd4c66b878de500f0

and

#docker pull linuxserver/plex
    Using default tag: latest
    Error response from daemon: Get registry-1.docker.io/v2/: x509: certificate signed by unknown authority (possibly because of "crypto/rsa: verification error" while trying to verify candidate authority certificate "Amazon Root CA 1")

I am also having SSH drop my connection intermittently with…
  • New

Hi,

not so sure how to explain what I try to do, but I hope it makes sense.

I have a Debian Linux Computer and run OMV on it. I use the VirtualBox plugin.
    Over the browser I can access my virtual machines from any pc connected in the network, including the pc that has OMV on it.

My OMV pc is not located in the same room as my router, therefore it is connected via WIFI to the router (lan is no option)

Because of this, virtual machines are slow.

Is there a way to connect to OMV / virtual machines without routing things to the router that is connected via WIFI?

Thanks

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Cant access web ui

jurke

Proposed NAS setup

TheLostSwede

Asrock J4105 + SSD + 2*8TB HDD

DiN0

Setting up Rsync

Adoby

rootfs full after rsync to 'sleeping' USB device?

Adoby

Recent Activities

• jurke -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Cant access web ui.

Hello, I have the same problem and cannot login to webgui of OMV 3. Came out of the blue. Both, Firefox and I-Explorer don't work give "Fehler: Gesicherte Verbindung fehlgeschlagen Beim Verbinden mit 192.168.0.35 trat ein Fehler auf. Sichere…
  • TheLostSwede -

Replied to the thread Proposed NAS setup.

Quote from Jeffrey Pascoe: “Thanks for the reply Intermediate. I have ordered the QNAP TS-431P 4 Bay Diskless NAS and 3 2tb wd red drives. Cheers ” Well, then you have to use their OS, not OMV. QNAP isn't terrible, they have a fancy UI and they're…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Cant access web ui.

Rebuild the configuration and restart the service: Shell-Script (2 lines)
  • DiN0 -

Replied to the thread Asrock J4105 + SSD + 2*8TB HDD.

Tahanks for your answers... Quote from macom: “Or you take the 2 HDD from the enclosure and put them in your Inter-Tech case. ” i did! - it is HDD-SATA, without USB-controller. Yesterday i tried APM1 and APM 127, 30 Mins. Systemstats and SMART =…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Setting up Rsync.

Regarding rsync backup scripts. I recommend that you write your own. Test it and make sure you understand what it does. And what it doesn't do. Then you can use that script again and again with confidence. If you Google "rsync backup script" you get…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x rootfs full after rsync to 'sleeping' USB device?.

You need to check that the drive is mounted before you start transferring files to it. Perhaps in the script that runs the rsync commands to do the backups. Some quick googling gave this method: if grep -qs '/mnt/foo ' /proc/mounts; then echo "It's…
  • DHGE -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Setting up Rsync.

Like (Post)
    I wouldn't bother backing up the PLEX metadata folders. Instead make sure that the video files are backed up. In case all of the plexmediaserver files are lost plex can be reinstalled easily and automatically update and download the metadata again. But…
  • DHGE -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x rootfs full after rsync to 'sleeping' USB device?.

I see several ways: - what makes the mount disappear? find the root of this and a remedy - use rsnapshot (a sophisticated script with exceptions, generations, ...) it does not start without the proper path mounted - write a batchfile that checks for an…
  • Jeffrey Pascoe -

Replied to the thread Proposed NAS setup.

Thanks for the reply Intermediate. I have ordered the QNAP TS-431P 4 Bay Diskless NAS and 3 2tb wd red drives. Cheers
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Setting up Rsync.

I'm sorry. I should have said that I made a disk image using "dd" about a week ago. It just bothers me to just pull the plug. I know an SD card degrades that way. I had hoped that it would respond at some time, but I figure I have waited long enough.…