openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Enough of Rpi, now what?

Adoby

ServerOne Il Server NAS per Open Media Vault

AleMagna

RAID 1: how recover RAID and data?

tkaiser

Use Telegram as notification service Q&A

subzero79

HDD Spindown Issues

ravennevar

Recent Activities

• Adoby -

Replied to the thread Enough of Rpi, now what?.

I use this PSU: amazon.de/dp/B01MRSAT39/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_.YGOBbXPHNVBH No fans. I run three HC2s, a 16 port switch and a wifi mesh unit from it. 10A would have been enough. But I might run more HC2s and other stuff from it in the future. I bought…
  • AleMagna -

Replied to the thread ServerOne Il Server NAS per Open Media Vault.

Quote from ice.man: “come ti dicevo, sto facendo piu fatica a trovare le motherboard embedded che non i case spervao di riuscire a fare un acquisto unico e comprarlo preassmblato da dover aggiungere solo le unità disco ” Capisco, ma sei in un vicolo…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread RAID 1: how recover RAID and data?.

Quote from Judibet: “RAID > 0 is used to avoid Data Lost ” Wrong. If you play RAID you need backup. 'RAID > 0' is about availability and not data protection as you might be able to realize right now. Next time better implement data protection…
  • geaves -

Quote from Judibet: “I think we couldn't write on this topic. ” You can't write on the link I posted but following the requested information then post here.
  • Judibet -

Quote from geaves: “What would be useful is post the information as requested here do this from the root prompt there is no need to change directory to /srv/dev/disk-by-label As a pointer /dev/md127 shows as stopped, 'if' I'm correct the entry in your…
  • Judibet -

Hello, RAID > 0 is used to avoid Data Lost. One drive is cloned in another. Maybe not for yourself, some of us needs RAID at home. Notice that I have professional reasons to use it at home to. Regards, Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Use Telegram as notification service Q&A.

Doesn’t show if is executable or not. Did you put an extension to the file ? You can try running manually the file. export OMV_NOTIFICATION_SUBJECT=test export OMV_NOTIFICATION_DATE=test export OMV_NOTIFICATION_MESSAGE_FILE=test ./scriptname
  • tkaiser -

Quote from geaves: “I take it from your image that is a 12V constant voltage switching power supply ” The above image with the 2 HDD is from my old office. The PSU in the back is a 5V/12V dual voltage PSU used to power - Banana Pi (5V) - the cheap
  • geaves -

Quote from Mr.Grape: “A little offtop. But if we are already talking about HC1/2 and 3.5 hdd then I assume that HC1 would be able to handle 3.5 if it is done by a guerrilla method using only data sata cable and a separate power supply. Rather HC1 does…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from Judibet: “To avoid mistake and data lost, what please I have to do? ” Do backup the next time. RAID is not backup and no one needs RAID at home.