openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi,

i found a problem with TeamViwer Host plugin. I have seen, that the parsing is not working anymore. TeamViewer is generating id longer than 9 signs, so the displayed TeamViewer ID in OMV UI is not valid. I have changed a code file and everything is fine:
    Console command: nano /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/teamviewerhost.inc
    Replace the following line:
    OLD : $cmd = 'teamviewer info | grep "TeamViewer ID:" | tr -d "[:cntrl:]" | tr -d " " | tail -c9';
    NEW: $cmd = 'teamviewer info | grep "TeamViewer ID:" | tr –s " " | cut –d " " –f 5';
  • New

Hello.

I am thinking of moving TVHeadend from my x86 server to something a more power friendly.

My obvious first choice was a RPi 3B+ but lots of advice on here seems to favour the Rock64.

Is this going to be a suitable choice for me?

What I need is something that can power a s 2.5" hard drive and can use a Digbit R1 for recording.

I did read that Odroid also offer some devices with similar capabilities but have a higher idle draw.

Any advice/recommendations would be much appreciated.

Edit

My current x86 server contains 3 storage HDDs and an SSD.

I have leaving it on all the time, just to make recordings, as I only really use it for streaming for a couple of hours a night during the week.

My plan was to have an ARM device (like the Rock64) for all my scheduling of recordings and watching them back and then manually turn on the server whenever it was actually needed.

However, I note that this is being mentioned a few times on here:

kobol.io/helios4/

It is not cheap but do…
  • New

Hi, I am a newborn on the linux world. I am using the OMV4 for a couple of weeks now, to replace my personal windows 7 shares and also using on a rural community here. Well, on my personal Rig, i need to back it up to crashplan. As I am still a windows user for most of my stuff (gaming and lightroom editing). I've been using the "single user trick" to backup up mapped shared folders, but as the number of folders increase, that is not practical and also I need 2 devices on to backup things.

I've found this docker container here: hub.docker.com/r/jrcs/crashplan/

I've managed to pull it (at least I think so), but I do not know how to actually config it and make it run.

Can someone help me step by step?

thanks!

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Helios4 -- community developed ARM 4 bay NAS device received important upgrade

iNTiGOD

Rsync startet nicht als cronjob --- rsync-cronjobs don't start

tnt-nitro

Remove Certificate settings

Mike_L

TeamViewer Host Plugin not working anymore

Teamviewer host not changing password

m1l0

Recent Activities

• Hey I pulled open my kit today excited to assemble. To my disappointment one of the fans is broken (fins are snapped). Does anyone have a link where I can purchase a replacement pwm fan? I've taken a look on aliexpess and ebay but can find an exact…
  • tnt-nitro -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Resolved Rsync startet nicht als cronjob --- rsync-cronjobs don't start.

Es ist jetzt zwar schon einige Zeit her das hier das Thema angegriffen wurde aber ich habe jetzt auch ein solches Problem und bin duch google hier gelandet. Vieleicht liest ja noch jemand mit und kann mir weiter helfen. Ich habe das Problem das ich…
  • Mike_L -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Remove Certificate settings.

Hi phanter, sorry - I've seen your posting yesterday ... little bit late ;) I ran into the same problem again after renewing the certificate yesterday. Nothing worked anymore ... no commits of changes Web-UI possible. After a reboot nginx did not start…
  • m1l0 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x TeamViewer Host Plugin not working anymore.

Thread
    Hi, i found a problem with TeamViwer Host plugin. I have seen, that the parsing is not working anymore. TeamViewer is generating id longer than 9 signs, so the displayed TeamViewer ID in OMV UI is not valid. I have changed a code file and everything is…
  • m1l0 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Teamviewer host not changing password.

Hi, i had the same problem with this plugin, but i have seen, that the parsing is not working anymore. TeamViewer is generating id longer than 9 signs, so the displayed TeamViewer ID in OMV UI is not valid. I have changed a code file and everything is…
  • ajaja -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Where is the pinned thread that explain how to upgrade OMV 3 -> OMV 4.

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x VirtualBox causing omv-engined[10089]: segfault.

Ok seems no one have a good answer for this one, so I went ahead and played around a bit, and it is now working. What I did: 1. Copied the VDI file from the VM-folder to a backup location (in my case:…
  • m1l0 -

Replied to the thread Probleme mit Flash Memory Plugin.

Alles klar, dann lass ich das optionale mal weg. Bin mir auch nicht wirklich sicher was Bereitschaft bei OMV ist, wenn ich die UI mit englischer Sprache nutze, steht dort zumindest nur "Standby" und das ist ja definitiv von der Begrifflichkeit her…
  • 2devnull -

Replied to the thread Weird situation - root filesystem filled - please help!.

Quote from gderf: “Quote from 2devnull: “Quote from gderf: “Try unmounting each of your storage disks and then look in their mount point directories. These look suspicious: Source Code (2 lines)” I did the one for Docker and it didn't show…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked markmarz’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved How to enable Flash Memory plugin?.

Like (Post)
    I found this helpful: Source Code (26 lines)