openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process

Kai

No read/write on ONE samba share, full access on other (OMV4 on XU4)

hanscie

Port Forward

Remi

New server installation: omv iso installer VS omv pkg on existing debian ?

chrbar

Festplatte läßt sich nicht aushängen/unmounten

merkur

Recent Activities

• KM0201 -

Liked Kai’s post in the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Like (Post)
    Quote from KM0201: “There was a configuration back up back in early beta versions like around .2, but it broke more new installations than it helped restore... so Volker removed it IIRC, I read something in one of his posts not to long ago he's testing…
  • Kai -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Quote from KM0201: “There was a configuration back up back in early beta versions like around .2, but it broke more new installations than it helped restore... so Volker removed it IIRC, I read something in one of his posts not to long ago he's testing…
  • hanscie -

Liked hanscie’s post in the thread OMV 4.x No read/write on ONE samba share, full access on other (OMV4 on XU4).

Like (Post)
    Hi everyone checking this thread looking for an answer... The easiest way to fix this is to have the concerning disks (NTFS format) attached to a USB port of a WIN10 machine and have WIN10 shutdown fully while that HDD is connected to your windows…
  • hanscie -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x No read/write on ONE samba share, full access on other (OMV4 on XU4).

Hi everyone checking this thread looking for an answer... The easiest way to fix this is to have the concerning disks (NTFS format) attached to a USB port of a WIN10 machine and have WIN10 shutdown fully while that HDD is connected to your windows…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Quote from Kai: “Quote from ryecoaaron: “The openmediavault-backup plugin is easy to setup and one click to backup or you can even setup a scheduled backup with it. Yes, there are lot of steps to restore but there is no getting around that. There is a …
  • Remi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Port Forward.

Quote from jollyrogr: “Please don't. Use a VPN if you need to access your server from outside your network. ” Can you explain in short why ? Regards
  • chrbar -

Replied to the thread New server installation: omv iso installer VS omv pkg on existing debian ?.

Thanks a lot ryecoaaron for these infos, and to take time to reply to me. Ok, them I'll remove of my plan the desktop environment. I saw there is an extra-plugin for VirtualBox, but I prefer use KVM (with remote access via VNC). Do you know if there…
  • merkur -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Festplatte läßt sich nicht aushängen/unmounten.

Ja Ordner sind auf der Platte, aber keine fregegebenen. Sprich unter Dienste --> SMB/CIFS --> Freigaben taucht die Platte nicht mit einem Ordner auf.
  • Kai -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “The openmediavault-backup plugin is easy to setup and one click to backup or you can even setup a scheduled backup with it. Yes, there are lot of steps to restore but there is no getting around that. There is a new guide on how…
  • kledder -

Replied to the thread Wifi adapters support.

Thanks for your comments so far. Unfortunately, the Debian wifi compatibility list isn't much help. It's mostly chipsets and the mentioned models are either really old or not availlable. I wish I could just use a ethernet cable but this is simply not an…