openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

After my old QNap with OMV 3 overcome its lifecycle i am looking for a small installation for a backup system with one Harddisk, running OMV 4/5 and simply rsync'ing my home-nas providing the backup via nfs/cifs.

I think I do not have high demands, looked for a Odroid HC2 while having a ironwolf 8TB Harddisk at hand. But in Germany it seems to be sold so I need alternatives ... what else Setup seems to be suiteable? Looked for RockPro64 but dont know if attaching Sata Drives Via USB3 is good / performant. Is a external usb-drive the same as direct attached sata3-drive in the HC2-Setup? ... What do I have to buy to run it 24/7 and where? Is there something else leke the HC2, while i like the dedicated straight design ...

Micha
  • New

hello,
    first, i hope everybody will understand my poor english ;)
    i found many thread speaking about modifying parameters in monit configuration, but i didn't found a thread about adding a new entry.
    I just want to monit with a network ping test if a device is connected or not on my network, and if not, send an alert.
    I thought it was exactly what monit does, that is why i want to add a service in monit. but i don't know which file adding/modifying to do this being sure that omv will not reset all i have done when reboot.
    thank you in advance for your help
  • New

So I've got an OMV 3.x server that I made out of an old dell PE 840, with 4 2TB drives in the Dell SAS Raid enclosure. Over the weekend a VM that I have on it failed. When i checked it out found tons of 'medium errors' and 'unrecoverable read errors'. I assume it's 'bad blocks' so first and foremost, how do I run a 'scandisk' or something on this to recover what it can?

Second would be, is there a way to get notified of errors like this? I think if I could have moved this before it got bad I wouldn't be in a pinch now so i figured I'd check for my other systems and future reference...

Thanks!

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Odroid HC2 ... or something else ... RockPro64 ,,,

tkaiser

Pinned Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards

tkaiser

OMV 4 Zoneminder

peram

Trying to swap drives in RAID1 but RAID is missing

cghill

add monit entry

Recent Activities

• happyreacer -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (development) core Install OMV5 on Debian 10 (Buster).

Like (Post)
    To install OMV5 on an already installed Debian 10 (Buster), simply execute the following steps: Source Code (11 lines)Shell-Script (15 lines)
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 ... or something else ... RockPro64 ,,,.

Quote from mipi: “I think i'll give RockPRO a chance, is it possible to install the System on the eMMC-Module? ” Sure. But this is as useless as using a RockPro64 for the job in the first place. It just costs a lot more money and wastes more energy…
  • mipi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 ... or something else ... RockPro64 ,,,.

Switched over to the Pine64 Website .... they got a nice NAS-Case, Cabeling, AC-Supply, PCIe I think i'll give RockPRO a chance, is it possible to install the System on the eMMC-Module?
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Quote from esbeeb: “I'm using SMB3.11, I got this by running the "smbstatus" command ” You do not get the SMB version/dialect this way since client and server negotiate this dynamically. But since you haven't changed settings at least you're not…
  • peram -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV 4 Zoneminder.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from peram: “does not work with the proposed docker for arm ... docker: koenkk / rpi-zoneminder ” What kind of system are you using? ” OMV4 on Odroid HC2 ... setting port 8080 but when I launch I am getting…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from mipi: “Is a external usb-drive the same as direct attached sata3-drive in the HC2-Setup? ” Of course as long as - you use a good USB to SATA bridge (JMS578 for example) - you don't run into cabling/contact issues (a very 'popular' problem…
  • cghill -

Replied to the thread Trying to swap drives in RAID1 but RAID is missing.

Wow, thank you @flmaxey for the very informative response as well as all the resources you linked. You make a very strong case for OMV and I think I will give it a try so I can sunset my DS211j. Thank you as well @geaves for helping me sort through…
  • youtu.be/arrHdrbKaEk Today, we will install Tautulli using docker to monitor our Plex watchinghabits. You need to have Plex installed to use this. Here is a video on how to do that: Plex Video For Raspberry Pi use this docker: lsioarmhf/tautulli
  • youtu.be/jS4oiJcrrR4 Today, we install Heimdall which creates a simple dashboard to organize and provide ready access to our docker apps and server.
  • mipi -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 ... or something else ... RockPro64 ,,,.

Thread
    After my old QNap with OMV 3 overcome its lifecycle i am looking for a small installation for a backup system with one Harddisk, running OMV 4/5 and simply rsync'ing my home-nas providing the backup via nfs/cifs. I think I do not have high demands,…