openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

OMV is successfully installed along with the virtualbox plug in. After creating a new Windows 7 VM, I get no mouse or keyboard access. I can see the windows 7 installation starting up in the preview window but I do not get a response when I click the "9000" vnc link nor do I have any mouse or keyboard access. I cannot continue the install.

Thanks.
  • New

I've been trying to set-up Nextcloud via Docker on my RPi for a few days now. I've been following the installation guide from @TechnoDadLife - Nextcloud, your personal cloud server, Openmediavault. I had to change a few things with the Docker installation so it would work for my RPi. For example, I had to use lsioarmhf/mariadb and lsioarmhf/nextcloud instead of linux/mariadb, linux/nextcloud. And I still have to figure out how to work with sharedfolders on my Luks encrypted drive. But other than that it seemed to work. At least, that's what I thought...

Nextcloud seems to be running fine, but when I try to create an Admin account I get a 504 Gateway Time-out Error. When I retry this I get all different kinds of errors, like the one below.

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/Z9WjP1C.png]

I've repeated the steps several times and at one point it was actually working, but I messed it up again after a reboot, because of my Luks encryption. I've tried it again a few more times, but I…
  • New

Hi,
    after a reboot of my OMV-Box, I get an error in the UrBackup interface that the backup folder is not reachable. I did not find a problem with permissions. The only way to resolve this is deleting the share for my main UrBackup-folder and put it up new.Why is that?
    Any idea how I could solve this?

I get a Samba-panic alert as well after reboot - is this connected? But the Urbackup share is not setup as samba-share. So I do not thing this is the same problem.

Any hint would be nice.
    Thanks.
    Best.
    Fabian
  • New

I am so sorry to raise this issue but despite my having read all related threads on this forum (and all I can about LInux permissions generally), I really just do not understand how permissions and ACL work together.

Perhaps someone can help explain with a practical example, to help me understand:

I have a single hard drive in my server and I create a single folder on it called "Recordings".

I then want to install TVHeadend on my system. I need this application to have access to the "Recordings" folder to actually create the .ts file in it.

What type of permission would I give to the "Recordings" folder, from the dropdown box?

Would I have to change make any additional changes under ACL?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV wont show up / es zeigt sich nicht

reeneex

installing omv 4 on odroid-xu4 fails

Robbin

Festplatte läßt sich nicht aushängen/unmounten

macom

Virtualbox no mouse or keyboard

Still trying to understand permissions - basic principles.

elsmandino

Recent Activities

• reeneex -

Replied to the thread OMV wont show up / es zeigt sich nicht.

Sdb1 steht nirgends. Ich hab noch größere Screenshots gemacht. Ganz ehrlich ist mir auch nicht klar welche Befehlszeile notwendig ist. Unter grub hab ich noch nicht gearbeitet.4f2039a6253211204833cf93af69abf8.jpgf55d6f7bc27e8616ee5bd446bdadf2b2.jpg
  • Robbin -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved installing omv 4 on odroid-xu4 fails.

Quote from tkaiser: “Yes, how does the output of cat /proc/partitions or even better armbianmonotor -u looks like? ” Source Code (18 lines) armbianmonotor -u ix.io/1yY2 So there was a partition, thanks: Source Code (21 lines) However now I can't mount…
  • macom -

Habe etwas Probleme die Bilder richtig zu sehen. Wenn da sdb1 steht, ändere es in sda1
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Festplatte läßt sich nicht aushängen/unmounten.

Quote from merkur: “Sicherung unter System --> Sicherung ” Gibt es bei mir nicht. Ich habe aber auch das backup plugin nicht installiert. Vermute aber schon, dass es das ist. Quote from merkur: “Ich hätte nicht gedacht das es so umständlich…
  • reeneex -

Das wollte ich. Mir ist allerdings nicht klar WAS ich da eintippen muss. Die Screenshots oben sind die Anzeigen in Reihenfolge. Auch weiß ich nicht ob sdb1 und sda1 für mich zutreffen. Kann das zumindest auf dem Screenshot nicht finden.
  • macom -

Have you tried this first to see if that is your issue? "As he later wrote the one time solution to continue the system booting was to press ESC at the grub booting screen and e to edit the wrong sdb1 entry into sda1. Then the boot continues as it…
  • dcovach -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Virtualbox no mouse or keyboard.

Thread
    OMV is successfully installed along with the virtualbox plug in. After creating a new Windows 7 VM, I get no mouse or keyboard access. I can see the windows 7 installation starting up in the preview window but I do not get a response when I click the…
  • elsmandino -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Still trying to understand permissions - basic principles..

Thanks rycoaaron - it is very encouraging that if even you don't ever use ACLs, then I should certainly be staying away from them. With that out of the equation, understanding permissions will hopefully be a bit clearer. Quote from ryecoaaron:…
  • elsmandino -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Still trying to understand permissions - basic principles..

Like (Post)
    Quote from elsmandino: “I really just do not understand how permissions and ACL work together. ” That is because ACLs are terrible. Quote from elsmandino: “What type of permission would I give to the "Recordings" folder, from the dropdown…