openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi,

My raid 6 array won't work on kernel higher than 4.14 bpo3.
    If I try 4.19, my Raid array block:

Source Code

1. Jan 18 14:59:52 BigNAS kernel: [ 363.708804] INFO: task md127_raid6:270 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
    2. Jan 18 14:59:52 BigNAS kernel: [ 363.708873] Tainted: G U E 4.19.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 #1 Debian 4.19.12-1~bpo9+1
    3. Jan 18 14:59:52 BigNAS kernel: [ 363.708953] "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this message.
    4. Jan 18 14:59:52 BigNAS kernel: [ 363.709030] md127_raid6 D 0 270 2 0x80000000
    I try all 4.18 and 4.19 kernel and it block my Raid array
    The 4.14 kernel is no more available in OMVExtra on my OMV Gui
    Is there a way for reinstall this kernel??
    Thanks
  • New

Using the Web gui I can't seem to get rsync to work.

I am trying to backup my openmediavault box to another nas.

I keep getting an error no matter what I try.

Rsync error: permission denied, please try again.

Trying private key: /root/.ssh/id_rsa
    Next authentication method: password
    Read_passphrase: can't open /dev/tty: no such device or address.
    Authentication that can continue: publickey,password
    Permission denied, please try again
    Read_passphrase: can't open /dev/tty: no such device or address
    Permission denied (publickey,password).

Unexplained error code 255.

I am using username/password to authenticate.

I have manually ssh to the remote nas from openmediavault and vise versa to get keys in the known host files.

Seems as though rsync does not like username and pass for authentication and wants to try publickey.
  • New

Hello,
    Please help me out to solve strange behaviour with a bonding.

I've recently purchased Edimax N150 to improve WiFi capabilities. So I've used

Source Code

1. nmtui-connect

to connect to the wifi and it looked ok, but nothing really happened as it hasn't appeared in my router admin panel.

I've tried

Source Code

1. omv-firtsaid
    as it also allows to do some configuration and after configuration is returned:

Source Code

1. Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; echo '-bond0' > /sys/class/net/bonding_masters 2>&1' with exit code '2':

I never had any bondings and already tried posted here solutions like "sudo rmmod bond0" which returns "rmmod: ERROR: Module bond0 is not currently loaded", but none of them…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Dowgrade Kernel of OMV4

Connecting to SMB share from Windows Server 2003

salehp

Can't seem to get rsync to work...

silvershark

OMV über USB installieren

flmaxey

Guide to OMV 4 Active Directory Integration

Lee

Recent Activities

• bugado -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Dowgrade Kernel of OMV4.

Thread
    Hi, My raid 6 array won't work on kernel higher than 4.14 bpo3. If I try 4.19, my Raid array block: Source Code (4 lines)I try all 4.18 and 4.19 kernel and it block my Raid array The 4.14 kernel is no more available in OMVExtra on my OMV Gui Is there a…
  • silvershark -

Replied to the thread Can't seem to get rsync to work....

Thanks, I went ahead and used the Scheduled Job GUI implementation and set to daily.
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV über USB installieren.

What is wrong? The new motherboard will not boot from a USB drive? If you think it is a UEFI boot problem, have you tried the script install?
  • Lee -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Guide to OMV 4 Active Directory Integration.

Quote from Cloggs: “Just to update, as you said "plain site"....it turns out that after a, um, reboot I've now got all users and groups showing in the backend. When I connect to a share, can't seem to authenticate with a known working username and…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from silvershark: “So I just want to be clear, the gui does not support rsync remote push or pull? ” Yes, the GUI supports push or pull. If using remote mount (which is essentially what you're doing on the command line); "push or pull" is just…
  • silvershark -

I had my alias set wrong in my remote server, fixed that and now manually initiating the command is working fine. So I just want to be clear, the gui does not support rsync remote push or pull? Why is it an option in the module? Confusing why it…
  • flmaxey -

What I described works and it doesn't require an Rsync server on the remote machine. Quote from silvershark: “That seems odd... considering you can use command line to backup from one server to another with rsync. ” Of course this is correct. There…
  • silvershark -

That seems odd... considering you can use command line to backup from one server to another with rsync. IE: rsync -avr / rsync://192.168.1.210:/shares/BackupDATA I ran that manually and I was able to determine that the rsync daemon was not running on…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Disk Usage empty.

Not working here on either 4.19 kernel. Linux omv 4.19.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.12-1~bpo9+1 (2018-12-30) x86_64 GNU/Linux Linux omv 4.19.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.16-1~bpo9+1 (2019-02-07) x86_64 GNU/Linux Last activity on my graphs…