openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi

I tried to upgrade an existing OMV installation.
    I was wondering if somebody could indicate a way to safe the system, otherwise I'll do a complete reinstall.

I get the following error messages, do you have any suggestions what I can do to fix the system?

Source Code

1. root@kronos:~# apt-get -f install
    2. Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
    3. Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.
    4. Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
    5. Die folgenden Pakete wurden automatisch installiert und werden nicht mehr benötigt:
    6. libasyncns0 libflac8 libogg0 libpulse0 libsctp1 libsndfile1 libvorbis0a libvorbisenc2
    7. Verwenden Sie »apt autoremove«, um sie zu entfernen.
    8. 0 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 1 nicht aktualisiert.
    9. 11 nicht
  • New

Hi all,

So I finally set up my ZFS pool and SMB share, and am able to access it from my computer. Now I need to put all of my data onto the server, which I have on a SATA hard drive. Is there any way to import this disk by plugging it straight into the server itself and transferring the data, or do I have to do this through computers connected to the server?
  • New

Hallo
    Ich wollte mich heute an die Einrichtung von Seafiles unter OMV 3.0 machen.
    Die Vorgehensweise der Installation von OMV3.0.86 auf meinem Testsystem genauso gemacht wie mein momentan aktives OMV 2.x
    Nach der Installation mit Getparted die Bootpartition auf 15GB verkleinert. Dann wollte ich über die WebUI den Rest der 320GB Festplatte als Datenplatte einrichten.
    Über Dateisystem -> Erstellen poppt ja nun ein Fenster auf in dem ich in der ersten Zeile das Laufwerk auswählen kann.
    Leider wird mir dort kein Laufwerk angeboten.

Hat jemand eine Idee warum das so nicht funktioniert? Hat sich da was zw. der 2.x und der 3.x geändert?
    Bei der 2.x funktioniert das problemlos.

Danke schon mal
    Roland

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Plex media server plugin Web Client tab blank and no response

marcellom

Raid5 inactive- Need help please

flmaxey

Samba AD/DC integration

donh

Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?

Markess

Storage File System Choices based on requirements - Suggestions?

vshaulsk

Recent Activities

• marcellom -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Plex media server plugin Web Client tab blank and no response.

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Raid5 inactive- Need help please.

One last thing: The following will remove sdd from the array: Source Code (1 line)
  • Markess -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Markess: “The NanoPi NAS kit looks like a more elegant solution for my needs ” But you won't be able to use your 'Pi Drive' with it (only as external drive). NanoPi NEO2 and Orange Pi Zero Plus are more or less the same. The only real…
  • donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) Samba AD/DC integration.

I need to clean the other thread and put in some other links and then pin it. Keep thinking I will get to it. sssd seems to be what works for me and I have done it many ways over the years. I am guessing people higher up are working to automate it…
  • Markess -

Replied to the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Quote from tkaiser: “But you won't be able to use your 'Pi Drive' with it (only as external drive). NanoPi NEO2 and Orange Pi Zero Plus are more or less the same. The only real difference is voltage regulation for the CPU. NEO2 is limited to 1.1V while…
  • vshaulsk -

Replied to the thread Storage File System Choices based on requirements - Suggestions?.

Finally got the system up and running. Had to replace all the SAS cables that went from the HBA to sas backplane of the norco case. The ones that came with the HBA were no good. I decided to try ZFS plugin for OMV. The plugin seems to work alright. It…
  • boh73 -

Liked Huberer’s post in the thread OMV 3.x How to see runnings VM's under CLI?.

Like (Post)
    Ok, I found a solution here in the forum. With Source Code (2 lines)I can see my VM.
  • Replaced the SAS Cables from the HBA to the backplane and everything started working. All drives recognized and am able to create mdadm raid or ZFS The cables that came with the HBA's off of Ebay were ...... ummmm..... not so good (Sh******)
  • drew_p13 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Import data disk?.

Wow, Midnight Commander is one of the greatest things I have ever used haha Thanks so much, that's exactly what I was looking for.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved mySQL not reachable over network.

Quote from ph1: “I tried to change the binding directly in the my.cnf file and not in the web admin ” Any change in the web interface and it will be changed back. Changing my.cnf directly is not recommended.