flmaxey

Proxy certificate

Steeli

Problem with omvextra repositories

slb20

OMV wont show up / es zeigt sich nicht

Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Wifi adapters support.

Quote from kledder: “I already tried power line adapters with a Devolo 1200+ (costs ~€120) but it gave me 6MB/s top so I send it back. ” Power line was worth a mention, without going into details. The performance of these things can be reduced by…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Quote from Kai: “That said, I can use the method you wrote out to image a few USB thumb drives until my experimenting with backing up in my second machine (a virtual OMV4 install) returns a positive outcome. ” The process for cloning USB drives, in…
  • Kai -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Quote from flmaxey: “I have to ask - have you actually read the New Users Guide? Just about every necessary process to get an OMV server up and running is in there, in a walk-through format along with overview explanations, to include how to back up and…
  • Steeli -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Proxy certificate.

I found a solution that work: (Putty&WinSCP) - Go to /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/ - Create a new folder, i.e. "sudo mkdir XXX" - Copy the .crt file into the XXX folder - Make sure the permissions are OK (755 for the folder, 644 for the file) - Run…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Kai: “Can someone help with a step by step procedure to clone or image the USB OMV4 OS onto other USB's. I do not know whether that includes the so called Clonezilla app or what. ” While I think clonezilla would be easy to use, that…
  • Kai -

Quote from flmaxey: “If booting OMV from a USB thumb-drive, with a known working clone in hand, it's possible to be back up in 3 minutes. Easy... ” Quote from KM0201: “True enough, but given the time to image the drive, then making sure you keep…
  • slb20 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem with omvextra repositories.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “It should be fixed now. 4.1.2 is in the repo. ” Thanks, i will try the new update today!
  • slb20 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Problem with omvextra repositories.

Like (Post)
    Quote from KM0201: “Yesterday I was on a new vbox install (was helping someone set up something I'd never done before).. when I installed omv-extras, updated, and then installed docker.. I still had to apt-get -f install docker. ” I just pushed the…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem with omvextra repositories.

Gotcha... to many version numbers making my eyes cross.. :)
  • KM0201 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Problem with omvextra repositories.

Like (Post)
    Quote from KM0201: “Yesterday I was on a new vbox install (was helping someone set up something I'd never done before).. when I installed omv-extras, updated, and then installed docker.. I still had to apt-get -f install docker. ” I just pushed the…