openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi, I am in the process of setting up a home nas server. I am at this stage leaning towards a system with 3 x 3tb nas hdd. I am thinking about using snapraid on openmediavault. This doesn't have to a complicated build as I will be only be storing media, music, photo's and general documents. I am thinking about using an old core2duo in a server case that I have spare. My only question is whether I should put in a raid controller card to help my setup or is this overkill? I will use a cheap controller as I'm not planning to build 100tb project.Thanks for any help.Cheers
  • New

Hallo,

ich versuche schon seit längerem Plex auf omv4 zu installieren, System wurde neu installiert und alle update durchgeführt.
    omvxtraorg 4 kann ich installieren. Sobald ich versuche Plex zu installieren kommt folgendes Bild und bleibt auch da hängen.

Mit omv 3 lief alles wunderbar, hat jemand Vorschläge, Ideen woran es liegen könnte?
  • New

Hallo zusammen,

Hier im Forum habe ich jetzt schon mehrfach gelesen, dass empfohlen wurde, kein RAID 1 zu verwenden, sondern einzelne Platten zu verwenden und dann per copy Job die Daten kopieren zu lassen.

Was wäre eure Empfehlung?

Ich habe ein recht miese Performance beim kopieren (bisher allerdings nur per WLAN getestet) auf das NAS.

Kann die schlechte Datenrate am SOFTWARE-RAID liegen?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

is plex working in omv4?

dan0sz

The Class E Network

geaves

Data synchronization between file systems with OMV ?

martinmedia

Clean install, ZFS not detecting any disks

SDB, or SDC but never SDB and SDC at the same time?

TroyO

Recent Activities

• dan0sz -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x is plex working in omv4?.

Quote from ThatGuy_ZA: “I'm running the linuxserver/plex docker and it works perfectly. ” Yep, same here. Works perfect.
  • dan0sz -

Liked ThatGuy_ZA’s post in the thread OMV 4.x is plex working in omv4?.

Like (Post)
    I'm running the linuxserver/plex docker and it works perfectly.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Yes I noticed the difference between your dns test and mine, could that be a Pi restriction? I don't know. I never noticed the error re the unbound log, have done the same created the file and given others write access, seems to be working. I thought I…
  • martinmedia -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Data synchronization between file systems with OMV ?.

Hi What types of "files"? - We transfer actually big ZIP and ISO Files . The size is round abbout 2 GB per File. How are the files updated? - I am actually very new in the topic OMV. But i thing we would like to use rsync to update the Data between…
  • skylamon -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Clean install, ZFS not detecting any disks.

Thread
    Clean install, update to the latest OMV 4.1.13-1(Arrakis) kernel : Linux 4.18.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 Installed latest OMV-Extras plugin, installed ZFS plugin But unable to create any pools as there are no disks to select. Wiped the disks incase of old zfs/raid…
  • TroyO -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x SDB, or SDC but never SDB and SDC at the same time?.

Ohh and side note, the drives are independently powered so it’s not a USB power limitation. Still no clues, but I haven’t had time to chase it.
  • bart70 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x how to test a Hard Drive ?.

i went on smart item in omv web client and used informations .. About file system, i mean my RAID or merge FS both failed, if 5,197,198 in smart are ok, the problem should be somewhere :( (sry for my english again ... )
  • ThatGuy_ZA -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x is plex working in omv4?.

I'm running the linuxserver/plex docker and it works perfectly.
  • TheLostSwede -

Replied to the thread Proposed NAS setup.

Considering the Core 2 Duo doesn't support SATA 6Gbps, it might be worth investing in a cheap 4-port PCIe controller. However, you're still likely to hit a bottleneck, as unless you have a P45 chipset or something more recent, you won't have PCIe 2.0, so…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resize Ext4 FS button not working.

Quote from jgkurz: “Thank you. I went ahead and downloaded gparted. It worked great. I still wonder why the resize button didnt work. ” It works on special cases. Like using lvm or raid. When you said increase the disk size I assume you’re using…