openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

How to partition data disks

docker not working properly

tr3bjockey

New to OMV and Linux

canadavault

Raid1 nach Upgrade (omv 3 --> omv 4) nicht mehr einbindbar

barney5

MPD Server Guide?

TechnoDadLife

Recent Activities

• schindi77 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x How to partition data disks.

Thread
    Hello! I´m building a NAS using 2 2TB HDD in Raid 1 Mode. One purpose of the NAS is to act as storage server vor a security cam. This cam is known to have problems with partitions bigger than 250gb. Because of this I need to partition the discs to 1…
  • tr3bjockey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x docker not working properly.

Ok...so I figured out plex. In case it helps everyone, I plugged in a usb drive with 2 partitions. Only one was listed as mounted. So I mounted the other. Then I went into plex client and was able to see the partition. I'm use to windows that when…
  • canadavault -

Replied to the thread New to OMV and Linux.

Quote from Adoby: “Quote from canadavault: “Quote from Adoby: “I remove my flash memory (SD-cards) and create a image files of them. ” Could you enlighten us like me how to do it in detail? :D ” Sure, but it is a bit of a stupid brute force hack. But,…
  • canadavault -

Liked macom’s post in the thread New to OMV and Linux.

Like (Post)
    Quote from canadavault: “Could you enlighten us like me how to do it in detail? ” On windows you can use Win32Diskimager.
  • canadavault -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread New to OMV and Linux.

Like (Post)
    Quote from canadavault: “Quote from Adoby: “I remove my flash memory (SD-cards) and create a image files of them. ” Could you enlighten us like me how to do it in detail? :D ” Sure, but it is a bit of a stupid brute force hack. But, hey! If it works it…
  • barney5 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid1 nach Upgrade (omv 3 --> omv 4) nicht mehr einbindbar.

Nein konnte mein Problem bis jetzt nicht lösen. habe erneut OMV 3 installiert mit dem angeschlossenen RAID. Es wird erkannt aber einhängen geht nicht.
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x MPD Server Guide?.

I tried, but it bombed out because the sound card is not set up properly. The container won't work without the sound card set. I don't have the time right now to look at it. But that is where I would start.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread New to OMV and Linux.

Quote from canadavault: “Could you enlighten us like me how to do it in detail? ” On windows you can use Win32Diskimager.
  • mbesar -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Why drives are mounted with noexec option.

Like (Post)
    Maybe it was in there from OMV 1.x and I upgraded. You don't need to add exec. Just remove noexec. Running omv-mkconf fstab updates /etc/fstab from the info in the fstab section of /etc/openmediavault/config.xml. Changing the defaults only affects…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid1 nach Upgrade (omv 3 --> omv 4) nicht mehr einbindbar.