openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hello,After the hardware problem is solved, it will not work with the software or their play.I've installed after instructions OMV in the latest version on it. Also ran through. Had problems while partitioning, but the second attempt was ok. As storage for the OS, a USB stick (see HW Config) is plugged into the internal USB 3 type A board. Now the board starts normally, IPMI is reachable, only I get no picture, so black screen. Nothing else. Screen funzt but. Have previously Supermicro image, etc.Someone ne idea what it can be or what I can do?HW Config:Board: Supermicro X11SCA-FCPU: Intel bx80684g5400 processor Pentium G5400 Coffee Lake 3.7GHz / 3MO lga1151RAM: Crucial CT16G4WFD8266 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC Memory Module, CT16G4WFD82661. Panel: Samsung MZ-V7E500BW 970 EVO Internal SSD, 500GB NVMe M.2Stick for OS: Samsung MUF-64AB / EU FIT Plus USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 64GB (USB 3.1, backward compatible to USB 3.0 and 2.0, up to 200MB / S)Electricity: be quiet! Straight Power 11 PC…
  • New

Hi Guys,

This is my first post on here and is a bit of a call for help really.
    I installed Openmedia vault for my Father in law around a year ago now and it was all working fine however the OS disk has since failed and I am wondering if I can recover the data from the RAID.

The setup is as follows:

HP Micro server
    OS installed on USB drive
    System disks in a raid (Software raid created via OpenMediaVault.

I am thinking I should be able to re-install opennebula vault (this time I aren't using a USB) I have a seperate Disk I can use and then resync the raid via linux

mdadm --readwrite /dev/md0

But I am wondering if this is the right way or if anyone knows whether this should work / any other advice.

Regards

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Problem with omvextra repositories

KM0201

Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process

flmaxey

Proxy certificate

Wifi adapters support

ryecoaaron

Bitte löschen DOPPEL

Recent Activities

• KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem with omvextra repositories.

Gotcha... to many version numbers making my eyes cross.. :)
  • KM0201 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Problem with omvextra repositories.

Like (Post)
    Quote from KM0201: “Yesterday I was on a new vbox install (was helping someone set up something I'd never done before).. when I installed omv-extras, updated, and then installed docker.. I still had to apt-get -f install docker. ” I just pushed the…
  • ryecoaaron -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Kai: “I realize there can be many solutions to creating a configuration backup and restoring it. BUT each one seems to open a daunting hornets nest that doesn’t welcome newbies to OMV very well. ” I have to ask - have you actually read the New
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Quote from Kai: “I realize there can be many solutions to creating a configuration backup and restoring it. BUT each one seems to open a daunting hornets nest that doesn’t welcome newbies to OMV very well. ” I have to ask - have you actually read the New
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from KM0201: “Yesterday I was on a new vbox install (was helping someone set up something I'd never done before).. when I installed omv-extras, updated, and then installed docker.. I still had to apt-get -f install docker. ” I just pushed the…
  • Steeli -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Proxy certificate.

Thread
    Hello Our Proxy use a SSL certificate for SSL Inspection. Ist there a way to install this certificate in OMV? Regards Matthias
  • KM0201 -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from KM0201: “The last command will fix the broken docker plugin. ” It should be fixed now. 4.1.2 is in the repo. ” Yesterday I was on a new vbox install (was helping someone set up something I'd never done…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Wifi adapters support.

Quote from kledder: “Unfortunately, the Debian wifi compatibility list isn't much help. It's mostly chipsets and the mentioned models are either really old or not availlable ” Did you see my comment about the tp-link ac1300? It is on your first list…
  • reeneex -

Posted the thread Bitte löschen DOPPEL.

Thread
    Hello,After the hardware problem is solved, it will not work with the software or their play.I've installed after instructions OMV in the latest version on it. Also ran through. Had problems while partitioning, but the second attempt was ok. As storage…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Quote from kai: “are you talking about the command line being what is left remaining on screen AFTER signing in with 'root' and then the respective password? I am now kind of separating the command line from the GUI. I think that issue was a portion of…