openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi all,

Just simple question.

I've noticed that Plex hasn't been updated for more than 2 months now.
    There has been many updates released to Plex Media Server, some of them major updates.
    These include Plex Web update, Improved collections and a ton of fixes.

Has the plugin been abandoned?

Regardless if it is or not, thank you for the work so far.

Thank you,
    Ralms.
  • New

I already have 2 hard drives available to use. One inside an old NAS (which I'm replacing) and one inside a Vantec USB 2.0 enclosure with it's own power source (not being used at the moment)

Option 1: Odroid HC-2. One drive connected via SATA and one drive connected via USB. The HC-2, and power supply would cost $131 (Canadian) in total

Option 2: Rock64. Both drives would have to be connected via USB. The board + power + shipping would be $83 (Canadian) in total.

All I need is a NAS for file serving, and I'm not planning on a Plex server. I also don't need/want anything fancy like RAID. It's over kill for my purposes.
  • New

Hello,

I urgently need your help, so any suggestion is appreciated!

I decided to reinstall my OMV setup from scratch and after it was done, I can't access the File Systems. All Physical Disks (BTRFS, no RAID) are loaded but when I go to File Systems after a long loading phase I get an Error: "communication failure".

Already reinstalled it on different devices - USB 3.0 HDD and USB 2.0 flash drive but always the same issue. I really need your help!

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Duplicati time out error on delete

elastic

Is Plex plugin abandoned?

gderf

Which solution would be best for me? (2 drives)

SilverBlade

Initial setup and PIA VPN on Odroid HC2

Tinyserver

Storage Quotas

gderf

Recent Activities

• elastic -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Resolved Duplicati time out error on delete.

Quote from RHCPNG: “The upgrade didn't go without problems, but in the end it resolved my issue with Duplicati. Thanks again! ” Care to mention what these problems were and if they were a pain to get around? I'm having the same issue as I now have…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Is Plex plugin abandoned?.

Plex is being kept current on OMV 4.x amd64. I am not sure what is happening on OMV 3.x. Current build in the repo is 1.10.1.4602 which is what is also currently being provided by Plex.tv. The current beta version (PlexPass) is 1.11.3.4803, but betas…
  • Ralms -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Is Plex plugin abandoned?.

Thread
    Hi all, Just simple question. I've noticed that Plex hasn't been updated for more than 2 months now. There has been many updates released to Plex Media Server, some of them major updates. These include Plex Web update, Improved collections and a ton of…
  • SilverBlade -

Replied to the thread Which solution would be best for me? (2 drives).

Quote from jodumont: “depending how much client will connect simultaneously I used omv as file sharing (SMB) and as TimeMachine on a raspi2 with 2 usbdrives for 5users without issues except at the beginning of the TimeMachine which I had to ask user to…
  • Tinyserver -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Initial setup and PIA VPN on Odroid HC2.

Awesome! So I I was going to try and install private internet access (PIA) from the command line and realized I was root. Would creating a user account to install PIA allow it to run on boot? From what I can tell the only "user" OMV has is…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Storage Quotas.

Replied to the thread Which solution would be best for me? (2 drives).

depending how much client will connect simultaneously I used omv as file sharing (SMB) and as TimeMachine on a raspi2 with 2 usbdrives for 5users without issues except at the beginning of the TimeMachine which I had to ask user to leave their laptop over…
  • 01mvilk -

Does the user need their own folder or what does it use the quota for?
  • gderf -

A storage quota sets a restriction on the amount of disk space a user can consume.
  • 01mvilk -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Storage Quotas.

Thread
    What exactly are the storage quotas? and how are they used? TIA