openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

I’m looking for a reasonable priced PCI-E USB 3.0 card that has a 19-pin header so I can also hook up my USB 3.0 ports that are on the front of my NAS case. I found a bunch on Newegg that are between $16 - $30 but don’t know which ones OMV would support or have drivers for.

Anyone know of any supported cards as I wouldn’t want to buy one to find out it doesn’t work with OMV.

Thanks.
  • New

Hello,

I crashed my previous 4.x installation after removing automaticaly "unused" component.

I just get the latest one V4.1.7 and I always have the same trouble when I run apt-get update.
    I only configure some users and shares

Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0xb6323660>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0xb6323660>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    I have also this error

The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/kyle1117/ppa/ubuntu cosmic InRelease' is not signed.

What are these errors ?

How to solve them ?

Thank you.
  • New

Hi all, i am using Openmediavault for a time now, and i have to reboot it to much ( like > every day )

I running OMV on a Raspberry pi with a 1TB external hard disk ( laptop disk )

I want to use it with my Phone's ( android ) and windows SAMBA.

When i want to transfer big files to the OMV it hangs after a while and the only sollution is restart.

I am tired of resetting it, and restart it and dont be able to transfer big files.

I am out of option, thats why i ask you guys for help.

I dont know allot of these things so i hope you can help me out and find out whats wrong with my setup.

Thx and greetings.
  • New

Hello,

now i want to show you my new OMV-NAS-Setup:

Hardware
    CaseInter-Tech IPC SC-4100
    78 €
    MainboardAsrock J4105-ITX J4105 Gemini lake
    86 €
    RAM4GB Crucial CT4G4SFS824A DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM CL17 Single
    35 €
    SSDCRUCIAL BX300 SSD, 480 GB SSD
    69 €
    HDD *2* WD My Book Desktop 8 TB [RAID 1]
    300 €
    power supply, internPico PSU 120W (red)
    18 €
    power supply externSALCAR 12V [10A – 120W]
    19 €
    TOTAL without SSD / HDD
    236 €
    TOTAL with SSD / HDD
    605 €

* WD MyBook – case opened -> WD80EZAZ inside (like WDRed8, 256 MB Cache) – works in NAS without SATA-PIN-Modification

Power consuption:
    STATEWATTREMARKS
    IDLE #1~ W [have to check this again]OMV4 + SSD
    IDLE #2~ W [have to check this again]OMV4 + SSD + 2*3,5“HDD

Actual running dockers:
    • Heimdall
    • Plex
    • JDownloader
    • Nextcloud + Onlyoffice
    • MariaDB
    • Letsencrypt
    • Openhab

Problem with HDD (RAID) - spindown / sleep :?:
    I have all Systemdata / docker / config / clouddata and actual PLEX-Series on SSD.
    Plex-Auto-Libraryscan iss set to off!
    But my 3,5“ HDD’s won’t go to…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

update check

Error when I try apt-get update on Odroid-XU4

jollyrogr

Network gone after update

donh

SDB, or SDC but never SDB and SDC at the same time?

TroyO

Supported PCI-E USB 3.0 w/ 19-pin header addon card

gderf

Recent Activities

• jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error when I try apt-get update on Odroid-XU4.

not sure if it matters, but I always use the command omv-update
  • donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Network gone after update.

I installed and updated with no problem. I did leave the nic set to dhcp, did you set an ip? Did you update by cli or web ui?
  • TroyO -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x SDB, or SDC but never SDB and SDC at the same time?.

The whole idea was using "crap I already had" LOL. I get its not ideal, but I'm also not expecting much in the way of performance.... home use, 2 users.
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Supported PCI-E USB 3.0 w/ 19-pin header addon card.

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Supported PCI-E USB 3.0 w/ 19-pin header addon card.

Thread
    I’m looking for a reasonable priced PCI-E USB 3.0 card that has a 19-pin header so I can also hook up my USB 3.0 ports that are on the front of my NAS case. I found a bunch on Newegg that are between $16 - $30 but don’t know which ones OMV would…
  • Xanderlicious -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Docker plugin - After the last update it does not start.

Hey all, I have had similar issues unable to uninstall so tried to delete the docker files and then apt-get clean hoping that i could just then re-install docker from scratch but to no avail. Still get the api-port error Apt-get clean keeps giving…
  • MerAnges -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Error when I try apt-get update on Odroid-XU4.

Thread
    Hello, I crashed my previous 4.x installation after removing automaticaly "unused" component. I just get the latest one V4.1.7 and I always have the same trouble when I run apt-get update. I only configure some users and shares Quote: “Exception…
  • Stramm -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Data synchronization between file systems with OMV ?.

With cloud solution I mean something like Nextcloud. Have a look at it and maybe it fits into your setup. You could host it external in a data center if theconnection is bad just between A and B. A possibility is to have OMV in location A and create a…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

On the log file and access, after checking the user list, it seems unbound adds a user - if you want to tighten access. (Not much point in it - it's a single log file.) You were right about the browser and pi-holes strange behavior. I used IE for the…
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread Proposed NAS setup.

no raid controller necessary, especially if using snapraid.