The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Unofficial OMV Theme Changer tool, css themes and UI manipulation

kmal808

Problem with omvextra repositories

ryecoaaron

Can't Update: "AppStream system cache was updated, but problems were found: Metadata files have errors"

ryecoaaron

Replacing Non-ECC with ECC

Markess

Brother MFC-495CW with CUPS

tkaiser

Recent Activities

• kmal808 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unofficial OMV Theme Changer tool, css themes and UI manipulation.

Nice. I’ve been enjoying your theme changing tool and look forward to testing the plugin. I’ll install the deb after work today. Lmk if there’s anything specific you’d like tested or feedback on, I’d be happy to help. Appreciate all of your…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem with omvextra repositories.

Quote from slb20: “still get an error.. ” What error? Quote from slb20: “Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?" ” This sounds like the plugin's leftover /etc/default/docker file is…
  • Quote from eptesicus: “I have no idea. I deployed these servers from the OMV install ISO, and I have no idea if I can remove appstream or not. ” It is not installed by the OMV ISO and I don't know any plugins that require it. It isn't on any of my…
  • hoppel118 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread How to restore OMV 4.X from backup-plugin to system SSD.

Like (Post)
    Nice guide. I would only add that if you are restoring to a new disk, write the backup of grub and the partition table (.grubparts file) to the disk before the fsarchiver restfs step with: dd
  • hoppel118 -

Liked bvrulez’s post in the thread How to restore OMV 4.X from backup-plugin to system SSD.

Like (Post)
    My hardware setup is - CPU x64 - RAID6 with 7 disks (yes, I will change to snapraid) - SSD with operating system OMV4 connected to SATA port - backup flash USB option (if SSD does not work, I plug in usb and restart) - The BIOS boot order should be…
  • Markess -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Replacing Non-ECC with ECC.

Quote from elastic: “am currently using ZFS with Non-ECC Ram. ” If it's the system shown in your signature, the i7-6700 doesn't support ECC RAM. So, while you can install the ECC RAM and it will probably boot, you won't have any ECC…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Brother MFC-495CW with CUPS.

Quote from TechAndrew: “is there any other way of getting my printer to work? ” No idea. Only insights I could provide is that this is a layered approach. For a printer running with Linux you need drivers or 'CUPS filters'. In case Brother only…
  • TechAndrew -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Brother MFC-495CW with CUPS.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from TechAndrew: “mfc495cwlpr-1.1.3-1.i386.deb mfc495cwcupswrapper-1.1.3-1.i386.deb ” Since those packages are called .i386.deb it's very unlikely that the installed software works on an ARM board. ” I thought so... So, is…
  • Kai -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Just to make your life a little simpler, I have cloned Windows and Linux systems with clonezilla before. So, you could have one process for both :) ” Thanks. I'm just now studying this tekkb thread . I think things are getting a…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raspberry Pi Openvaultmediavault install problem.

Quote from bezi93: “Nothing works to boot from ISO? Any suggestions? Should I try to install from command line in Rasbian lite? ” Did you follow the exact instructions here download the Pi image and use Etcher to flash the sd card, insert into the Pi and…