openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

I had a problem adding a printer in the cups plugin so I thought I just do a reinstall.

After uninstalling it there was a error (cups not found or sthg like that) I did a check for updates and installed the latest omv updates, which prompted in an error (cannot recall what it said).

I reboot the system did a ckeck for updates - non found - and the system was running so I figured it may be ok after all??
    tried to reinstall cups now which gave me this error:

Source Code

1. Failed to execute command "blabla" with exit code100 E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem

so I did run that and got to a graphic screen which says I must run omv-initsystem to complete, so I did and now this comes up:

Source Code

1. root@HOME-NAS:~# omv-initsystem
    2. W: mdadm: /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf defines no arrays.
  • New

Hallo zusammen,

gibt es eine Möglichkeit RDM-Festplatten über OMV in ein Software Raid zu stecken?

Ich habe einen HP microserver gen8 mit esxi 6.5
    2* 1TB WD jeweils als RDM-Device erstellt

würde die jetzt gern in ein Software Raid stecken, allerdings zeigt mir OMV keine Auswahl an. Wenn ich ein Dateisystem erstelle zeigt er mir die Festplatten an.

Habe euch ein paar screens angehängt.

Vielen Dank schon mal im vorraus
  • New

I am doing a fresh install of OMV 4.x onto a raspberry pi 3b+.

I currently have OMV 3.x installed on a raspberry pi 3.

On that device I had no problem using the remote mount plugin to mount my dlink nas325 drive.

I have replicated the exact settings on the new install I am attempting and am getting the attached error message.

Any ideas what might be going on?
  • New

Hi everyone!

On the beginning of the week, I started a new job so I turned off my omv-powered NAS. When I came back home, I couldn't access it remotely after turning it on. No network on the NAS' end, no web interface accessible, no SSH available. BUT I have my usual IP address on the NAS. I tried several DNSs without any luck.

If anyone has a solution, thanks in advance.

Please note my dad passed away last saturday, so as gifted as I usually am with computers, grieving might have made me do something I didn't realize was bad.

Thanks in advance.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Remote Desktop Connection works on LAN; how ensure it works when move target OMV outside of LAN?

VirtualBox causing omv-engined[10089]: segfault

odinb

No more network but I got my usual IP

macom

Teamviewer host not changing password

raulfg3

Errors after plugin reinstall

master_burn

Recent Activities

• odinb -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x VirtualBox causing omv-engined[10089]: segfault.

Maybe add this to the FAQ/description threads for upgrades? That VMs needs to be powered down during upgrade.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved No more network but I got my usual IP.

Quote from moisemust: “I guess I'll have to change the cable. ” Good that you documented it here, so that others who read this check their hardware, too.
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Teamviewer host not changing password.

sorry but this fix do not work to fix the original problem described on this thread (only the latest described bym1l0), on some machines team viewer need a monitor to shown ID. eg:
  • master_burn -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Errors after plugin reinstall.

a closer examination of the graphic screen that appeared got me using the arrow keys so I was able to select "OK" at the bottom and confirm with enter the layout of that screen is not self explanatory it should be redesigned or at least added that you…
  • master_burn -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Errors after plugin reinstall.

Thread
    I had a problem adding a printer in the cups plugin so I thought I just do a reinstall. After uninstalling it there was a error (cups not found or sthg like that) I did a check for updates and installed the latest omv updates, which prompted in an error…
  • moisemust -

Rrrrrraaaaaaaahhhhhhh! Switched the Ethernet cable with my Linux PC's, now my NAS is reachable, but not my Linux PC. I guess I'll have to change the cable. Thanks to anyone who read me and sorry for polluting the forum.
  • moisemust -

Just ran omv-firstaid and tried fixing everything that seemed off. Rebooted without any difference. Also I can't ping my router but I can ping localhost (127.0.0.1).
  • medikopter -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Raid mit RDM-Drives.

Thread
    Hallo zusammen, gibt es eine Möglichkeit RDM-Festplatten über OMV in ein Software Raid zu stecken? Ich habe einen HP microserver gen8 mit esxi 6.5 2* 1TB WD jeweils als RDM-Device erstellt würde die jetzt gern in ein Software Raid stecken,…
  • adamgreenberg -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x remote mount of NAS not working.

Thread
    I am doing a fresh install of OMV 4.x onto a raspberry pi 3b+. I currently have OMV 3.x installed on a raspberry pi 3. On that device I had no problem using the remote mount plugin to mount my dlink nas325 drive. I have replicated the exact settings…
  • moisemust -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Resolved No more network but I got my usual IP.

Thread
    Hi everyone! On the beginning of the week, I started a new job so I turned off my omv-powered NAS. When I came back home, I couldn't access it remotely after turning it on. No network on the NAS' end, no web interface accessible, no SSH available. BUT I…