openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

I am think of moving from 3.0.88 to 4, mostly due to wanting to run some things that require moving to Debain 9. I can't seem to find any guides and only one forum post noting issues when upgrading.

My my main concern is loosing data in a large 24 disk snapraid array. My disks are mounted in a mixture of /media and /srv (newer disks in /srv, but the snapraid array combines drives from both) Are there any known issues?

These days I run very few plugins and almost everything I run on my NAS is done through docker, but are 3.x plugins still compatible?

In fact if anybody has any useful info I would be very grateful to hear how it went. I am planning to simply take the omv-release-upgrade route.
  • New

I upgraded my OMV2 backup server this evening - not my main server, and was hit with a couple of issues.

1st, omv-extrasorg add-on didn't update during the upgrade process, so I needed to manually remove and re-add this.
    2nd, all the references to 'sharedfolderref' in config.xml no longer appear to be valid. As such, I had to manually remove the rsync jobs section and re-add the jobs one by one.

Is there a reason why omv-extrasorg didn't update during the upgrade process?

Is there a way to identify the updated sharedfolderref's so that I can substitute them in to the config.xml file and not have to re-create everything again?

The reason I ask is that on my main server I notice a lot more sharedfolderref's for things like NFS etc. I'd much rather be able to fix these than delete them and create them all again.

the sharedsharedfolder ref is a UUID, but it's not from blkid and I'm not sure where to find them. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
  • New

Hello,

we just upgraded from 2.x to 3.x and fixed the GRUB problem.
    We made all update possible and reboot to be sure.

But if we try to disabel the Rsync Services. We click on the button enable in General Settings to disable it.
    Then click on save and got a error message, every time.

idem with NFS service.

and with smart in the storage, same problem....

If someone have a idea to fix it ?

We searched in forum and do the wget -O - omv-extras.org/install | bash

but it change nothing...

Regard.

• New

Hi there,

I´m trying out Docker for some days now and it seems that my Nextcloud container is running fine. It´s working via port 80 and is reachable from internet. There´s no simple way of implementing SSL in the container. OMV itself is set to always use SSL on port 443, but how do I have to configure OMV/Docker to use SSL even for Docker container ("redirect"/"reverse proxy"?)

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

RAID 6 Array (6x8TB) device Disappeared

calvin940

Upgrade from 3.0.88 to 4 - Any pitfalls?

ryecoaaron

Missing 'required' attribute 'enable'. Error #0

ryecoaaron

Mounting Errors

Bleckman

config.xml - sharedfolderref

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• calvin940 -

Replied to the thread RAID 6 Array (6x8TB) device Disappeared.

@Dropkick Murphy I was thinking about this too, but I can't imagine that sdb is any different than all the other drives in terms of state. It wouldn't make sense to me so I suspect even if I excluded sdb, I'd then get the same error on sdc when trying…
  • piet -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Upgrade 2.x -> 3.x Missing 'required' attribute 'enable'. Error #0.

Like (Post)
    Please please please read the forum first. There are thousands of answers related to this question. To fix the UI issue simply clear your browser cache.
  • piet -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Upgrade 2.x -> 3.x Missing 'required' attribute 'enable'. Error #0.

Like (Post)
    Quote from piet: “F5 didn't work. It must be a real clean cache. ” Try ctrl-shift-R
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Upgrade from 3.0.88 to 4 - Any pitfalls?.

Quote from HotBlack: “I can't seem to find any guides ” omv-release-upgrade is all you need. Just remember to backup your system before upgrading. It is moving from Debian 8.x to Debian 9.x. Not all upgrading issues are OMV-related. But, it seems…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Upgrade 2.x -> 3.x Missing 'required' attribute 'enable'. Error #0.

Quote from piet: “F5 didn't work. It must be a real clean cache. ” Try ctrl-shift-R
  • Bleckman -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Mounting Errors.

update: i updated Plex and the other things, the lag is gone, the videos play with no stuttering, I'm scared to update back to 3 or 4, because it works great. any way.. it just works.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Upgrade 2.x -> 3.x config.xml - sharedfolderref.

Quote from dojrude: “Is there a reason why omv-extrasorg didn't update during the upgrade process? ” The upgrade between 2.x and 3.x is a pain (the two versions are VERY different and the OS is a full upgrade). Lots of plugins don't upgrade…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from tkaiser: “I'm a bit surprised that no one asked for logs or at least a quick check for cabling/connectiviy problems. ” So, add it to the ever-growing list of things people should provide when their array is missing/degraded - Degraded or
  • tkaiser -

Quote from calvin940: “What other information can I provide? ” Log file excerpts aren't useful since filtered. And full SMART info for one drive is also somewhat useless when it's about checking all disks :) I already posted two commands above and the…
  • HotBlack -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Upgrade from 3.0.88 to 4 - Any pitfalls?.

Thread
    I am think of moving from 3.0.88 to 4, mostly due to wanting to run some things that require moving to Debain 9. I can't seem to find any guides and only one forum post noting issues when upgrading. My my main concern is loosing data in a large 24 disk…