openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

So Windows cannot see my shares, yet Linux can see the share but will not connect. Get this error Unable To mount location. Failed to retrieve share list from server: connection refused
    My Android phone can see the share (via ESfile explorer), asks for user & pass but that fails and it keeps asking.

1. Both smbd and nmbd are running.
    2. Windows PC are in WORKGROUP.
    3. Firewall is off.

I've rebooted all my machines but still nothing.

It's just frustrating that something like this just doesn't work out the box. :(
  • New

HTML Source Code

1. CRON-APT RUN [/etc/cron-apt/config]: Sun Nov 19 07:35:18 +03 2017
    2. CRON-APT SLEEP: 3349, Sun Nov 19 08:31:07 +03 2017
    3. CRON-APT ACTION: 0-update
    4. CRON-APT LINE: /usr/bin/apt-get -o Acquire::http::Dl-Limit=25 update -o quiet=2
    5. W: Failed to fetch https://e-tobi.net/vdr-experimental/dists/wheezy/addons/binary-amd64/Packages couldn't connect to host
    6. W: Failed to fetch https://e-tobi.net/vdr-experimental/dists/wheezy/base/binary-amd64/Packages couldn't connect to host
    7. W: Failed to fetch https://e-tobi.net/vdr-experimental/dists/wheezy/vdr-multipatch/binary-amd64/Packages couldn't connect to host
    8. E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old
  • New

I know the unionfilesystem plugin moved from using mhddfs to mergerfs in OMV 3. Somehow in the course of my updating, references to mhddfs were left in my configuration, so accessing "Storage / File Systems" in the GUI results in the error "No filesystem backend exists for 'mhddfs'." What's the best way to fix this with minimal loss to my current configuration? Thanks.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Possible to grow linear pool?

Sc0rp

Raid 10 boot - how to?

Sc0rp

[Help] Better way to clone cache SSD disk (clonezilla alternatives?)

Sc0rp

Slow VPN down with Deluge

RAID5 with unexplained error

Sc0rp

Recent Activities

• Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Possible to grow linear pool?.

Re, Quote from elastic: “I have the "Test" pool selected, but am trying to grow the "Home" pool which is linear. I'm aware stripe can't be grown ” Then you have to mark the other array ... but: - you can grow any raid-array made with md, even…
  • Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread Raid 10 boot - how to?.

Re, why would you make a RAID10-bootdisk? Setting up RAID-devices as boot-devices is more difficult, cause you have to add the raid-modules to the initramfs ... but if you have already a SSD as a boot-device, it's not worth the time ... And you have…
  • Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread [Help] Better way to clone cache SSD disk (clonezilla alternatives?).

Re, Quote from gderf: “The problem with using dd for this is that when cloning a smaller source drive to a larger target drive, the size of the partiton on the target drive will be the same size as on the source drive. ” Correct, but you can alter…
  • marnixoctave -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Slow VPN down with Deluge.

Thread
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me. While using deluge with a VPN the speeds never go higher than 2mbps while using deluge on my laptop with the exact same VPN reaches speeds of up to 8mbps. I feel like i'm doing something simple very…
  • Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x RAID5 with unexplained error.

Re, Quote from danieliod: “Will RAIDZ1 can also cope with such issue? ” More or less, "cutting" the power off destroys any information held in caches ... hdd-cache & RAM, which affects any FS. ZFS brings the best algorithms to deal with that, but…
  • Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Power loss and system drive will not boot.

Re, *GRATS* ... you made it! Quote from linndoug: “Drive SDB still looks the same. ” Yeah, that's the bug which hits often the md-raid-arrays and degrading them ... you have to issue this command more often to get rid of the wrong part-info ... Sc0rp
  • kidalabama -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Update e-tobi.net.

• Britman -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Yet another Windows can't see the share but Linux can..

Thread
    So Windows cannot see my shares, yet Linux can see the share but will not connect. Get this error Unable To mount location. Failed to retrieve share list from server: connection refused My Android phone can see the share (via ESfile explorer), asks for…
  • Grabber66 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Show own log File in WebGUI.

hi, this i understand. but if i use 99tv.inc and tvheadend.js it does not work. If I use the same text with 90autoshutdown.inc and AutoShutdown.js it works. Here is my problem why ?
  • tame47 -

Replied to the thread running OMV in a USB flash drive not stable?.

Quote from bewo: “Hi tame47, running OMV from a USB-Drive is absolutley no problem. I've running several machines with this configuration for years now. BUT you should use no "normal" USB drive, it will break soon. You have to use an USB-Drive with…