openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hello,

I have a fresh installed omv 3 but my virtualbox doesn't want to work. I have 2 Errors:

Error 1: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; omv-mkconf virtualbox 2>&1' with exit code '2': sh: 1: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string

Error: Could not connect to host (127.0.0.1:18083/)

Would be nice if you can help me :)
  • New

Hi, I'm really struggling here. I can't seem to find anyone with the same error that I'm getting, I think I've corrupted something. I get the following:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; docker images 2>&1' with exit code '1': Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?

I read something that said that the Shared Folder location can't be on the Union FS, so I tried to put it on the Data drive, but got the wrong one, and then when I went to fix it all up again, it's now not working. I think I must have done something wrong and corrupted something???

I tried reinstalling the Docker Plugin, and opening up the permissions, but I just can't figure out why I cannot set a new Base Path for this Docker plugin...I don't know whether the problem is with the plugin or the folder I'm trying to set?
  • New

I moved one of my OMV machines (DESTINATION) to mom's house to rsync from my Gen8 (SOURCE) at home. I can SSH shell at her machine back to the Gen8, so port forwarding rule and public key settings are all good. However, when it remote rsync (pull) with this:

Source Code

1. rsync -av --delete --numeric-ids --rsh=/usr/bin/ssh -p 8822 -i /var/lib/openmediavault/ssh/keys/BACKUP_KEY root@source.duckdns.org:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-SOURCE/SOURCE_FOLDER/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DESTINATION/.

it doesn't work and prompts this:

Source Code

1. Unexpected remote arg: root@source.duckdns.org:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-SOURCE/SOURCE_FOLDER/
    2. rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at main.c(1348) [sender=3.1.1]
    What's wrong with the syntax? Thanks.
  • New

Hi all,

Just simple question.

I've noticed that Plex hasn't been updated for more than 2 months now.
    There has been many updates released to Plex Media Server, some of them major updates.
    These include Plex Web update, Improved collections and a ton of fixes.

Has the plugin been abandoned?

Regardless if it is or not, thank you for the work so far.

Thank you,
    Ralms.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

looking for Plex alternative

ajaja

Virtualbox for Omv3 doesn't work

Upgrade 2-3

drewgost

remote_mounts permissions problem

no access to File Systems

Barracuda

Recent Activities

• ajaja -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) looking for Plex alternative.

Quote from flmaxey: “ …there's advice on the form for relocating metadata storage to a data drive. ” Where might I find the advice? I set my Database Volume and Folder in OMV's PLEX setup to be: /srv/store/plexmediaserver/, yet PLEX stores nearly…
  • Bert105 Bertolt11 -

Posted the thread Virtualbox for Omv3 doesn't work.

Thread
    Hello, I have a fresh installed omv 3 but my virtualbox doesn't want to work. I have 2 Errors: Error 1: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; omv-mkconf virtualbox 2>&1' with…
  • drewgost -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.3 Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Upgrade 2-3.

Thanks macom I decided to go with 3.0.94 Erasmus new install, it went flawless and I did follow your thoughts on removing all data drives first. Next step will be to move on to 4.0 or maybe stick with this for awhile.
  • moreje -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (testing) remote_mounts permissions problem.

Thread
    Hello, I successfully added a SMB share using remote_mounts plugin, but I get permission issues only root can write in the mount point normal users can't I can't change (using ACL/privileges) access rights.... how can I fix that? do I need to have same…
  • Barracuda -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) no access to File Systems.

Here are the outputs: Source Code (11 lines)Source Code (5 lines)
  • RainerUwe -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Autoshutdown and TVHeadend SleepScript wont work.

@Huberer Thank you! Somehow the dvbsky-sleep.service wasn't staring at boot, but maybe I will have to search for any old scripts in /pm/.. Anyway when I start the service manual with systemctl status dvbsky-sleep.service everything is working! :) Thank…
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) no access to File Systems.

If you are running 4.9 kernel that should be good i would think... I'm probably wrong but I was thinking the default kernel for omv3 was 3.16, but maybe that was the default debian jessie kernel since I installed jessie, then omv on top of it. …
  • gabs247 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Docker Plugin Error Setting New Base Path.

Ok, so what's the best way to do this then, as I want to try to set up some Docker Containers but I won't have enough space on my OS drive? Is it good practice to remove the noexec flag on my data drives? Thanks
  • Ralms -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Is Plex plugin abandoned?.

Quote from gderf: “Plex is being kept current on OMV 4.x amd64. I am not sure what is happening on OMV 3.x. Current build in the repo is 1.10.1.4602 which is what is also currently being provided by Plex.tv. The current beta version (PlexPass) is…
  • Valsi -

Replied to the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Hi, have ordered last week following parts: ODROID-HC1 : Home Cloud One plus 6A powersupply and other parts from Hardkernel for having a complete home Server. Additionally 1TB Seagate BarraCuda 2,5'' So I'm looking forward to see the improvement to my…