openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

RaspBerry Pi 3 NAS Build

flmaxey

NextCloud Installation Q & A

tinh_x7

My updated NAS build! Let me know what you guys think!

flmaxey

Save dashboard proportions

subzero79

Developing for OMV3

David B

Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread RaspBerry Pi 3 NAS Build.

I agree with the advice in this thread. If you're serving files to 15 users and you're trying to do it on a tight budget, consider this economy server. - > Thinkserver TS140 This particular version has an 3.5GZ Intel Core I3. (For $225 or so, you'd…
  • tinh_x7 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (GIT/testing) NextCloud Installation Q & A.

Quote from guizmogwai: “Ok I know that. But where do I have to paste it? Because there is a lot of text. Have I to paste it before : ; Local Variables: ; tab-width: 4 ; End: Sorry to ask... and thanks in advance. ” Paste the codes at the end of the…
  • flmaxey -

Liked corey5188’s post in the thread OMV 3.x (GIT/testing) My updated NAS build! Let me know what you guys think!.

Like (Post)
    So I had been running an OMV setup on a system built from spare parts I've had lying around since about February. The system is mainly used for NAS and as Plex server for my friends and I. Biggest gripe I had was when there would be multiple transcoded…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (GIT/testing) My updated NAS build! Let me know what you guys think!.

Looks great. There's something to be said for building your own box, your way. When the performance is stellar, that's the icing on the cake.
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (GIT/testing) Save dashboard proportions.

I think the empty space of the the services dashboards shrinks. You have to ask the question at bugtracker if something can be done at omv js code or is part of the extjs framework.
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (GIT/testing) Save dashboard proportions.

I don't what's going on there but on my system the dashboard stays in shape and size after refresh and logout/login. I am not sure but as long as you're using the same browser should remain, if you open in another one or private mode the layout will be…
  • David B -

Replied to the thread Developing for OMV3.

@ryecoaaron, thank you for your help so far. I have a question for you though. How can I remove the Service for the plugin? The plugin creates an "Example" entry in the service table but I do not know how to remove it. You do not need to make the change…
  • Goobs -

Liked WastlJ’s post in the thread core Working with the CLI (CommandLineInterface).

Like (Post)
    Part 4: Daemons and Services Daemons and services are located in /etc/ The startscripts are for the individual services are located in /etc/init.d/ Under Debian you can manage programs in two ways. Either you use theire startscripts with Source Code (1…
  • David B -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Update Installed 2.1, how to update??.

Quote from Harvito: “I have always had better luck setting my DNS to 8.8.8.8 VS the router. Router is never reliable. ” On some routers it is possible to change the DNS server that it uses. Obviously I do not know if you router supports this, but if…