openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hallo,

ich versuche schon seit längerem Plex auf omv4 zu installieren, System wurde neu installiert und alle update durchgeführt.
    omvxtraorg 4 kann ich installieren. Sobald ich versuche Plex zu installieren kommt folgendes Bild und bleibt auch da hängen.

Mit omv 3 lief alles wunderbar, hat jemand Vorschläge, Ideen woran es liegen könnte?
  • New

Hallo zusammen,

Hier im Forum habe ich jetzt schon mehrfach gelesen, dass empfohlen wurde, kein RAID 1 zu verwenden, sondern einzelne Platten zu verwenden und dann per copy Job die Daten kopieren zu lassen.

Was wäre eure Empfehlung?

Ich habe ein recht miese Performance beim kopieren (bisher allerdings nur per WLAN getestet) auf das NAS.

Kann die schlechte Datenrate am SOFTWARE-RAID liegen?
  • New

Hi,

Well, i was with a RAID, it failed , with help, i deleted it, and made a merge FS ... all was ok until i copy data back on it ... and then, the merge FS failed :/

So, i think i have a HDD who's diying but i can't find it... I got another volume (for downloads with transmission), i'd like to keep it, it's only 1 disk ..

I saw the S.M.A.R.T. but all is green and i don't understand detailled infos ...

1 HDD (my only 6 To) is still on garanty, i have to be sure if it's the problem

Thanks for the help, i'm going crazy with thoses HDD ... (and again ... sry for my bad english and my noobish attitude)
  • New

Hello all,

I am stuck and need some assistance. I recently increased the size of my disk from 11TB to 15.2TB. OMV 4.1.3 sees the disk at the correct size but I cannot get the Ext4 FS to resize. I have deleted all shares so nothing is referenced. When I click resize the screen blinks and nothing happens. I am not good at command line but I can usually muddle my way through.

I do not have physical access to the server at this time only remote console. Do I need to expand the FS from the CLI? I know my disk is /dev/sb1.

Are there a set of commands that I can run to expand the FS to the max size without losing my existing data?

Thank you!

-John

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

is plex working in omv4?

ryecoaaron

Resize Ext4 FS button not working

ryecoaaron

omv 4 Plex installation

ryecoaaron

Unable to install plugins

ryecoaaron

The Class E Network

flmaxey

Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x is plex working in omv4?.

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resize Ext4 FS button not working.

Quote from jgkurz: “o I need to expand the FS from the CLI? I know my disk is /dev/sb1. Are there a set of commands that I can run to expand the FS to the max size without losing my existing data? ” If you have a partition, it needs to be expanded…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x omv 4 Plex installation.

There are no errors in the screenshot. You should also use docker instead of the plugin - Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to install plugins.

That mirror seems to be down. There are plenty of threads about changing your repos.
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Cached entries are a bit slower, but that's to be expected as the unbound DNS cache is filled. Still, they're not much slower than up-line DNS servers. (Curious - I got no cached results in my test.) Uncached name requests, which is the purpose of…
  • keribi560 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cannot see file system after 2x to 4x upgrade! Disk is detected..

I got it sorted out and working great! I just put in a different drive and wiped it, all is good! Thanks for the help!
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x how to test a Hard Drive ?.

I provided things to look at in SMART which related to the hardware, not the file systems. You will need to provide more information such as what errors you are seeing and whether or not you have run a check on the file systems and what that showed.
  • xoan -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Unable to create shares - cannot select device.

Quote from Aileron79: “Solved: - Partition Type needs to be 15 (Linux Filesystem) - Partition must NOT be mounted in /etc/fstab but rather in the GUI. ” Hi! I am having the same problems you had with my WD My Cloud Gen2. I followed the instructions of
  • bart70 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x how to test a Hard Drive ?.

thanks I've check 5, 197,198 , all my HDD are at 0 ... another idea maybe ? my file systems can't fail without reason :(
  • philbo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RAID 1 oder einzelne Festplatten.

Quote from macom: “Beim Kopieren von einer Festplatte auf eine andere am selben Rechner sollte WLAN keine Rolle spielen. Für das Kopieren kannst du rsync oder das rsnapshot plugin verwenden. ” nee, ich meinte wenn ich von meinem Notebook auf das…