openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

So i have the following setup. OMV3, because I need the iscsi target plugin.
    I need to use ZFS zvols for iscsi lun devices.

When i create a new volume in ZFS I'm able to add it as a LUN device. I see it as a block device as expected and everything works.
    Issue comes when I clone the zvol to a new one. ZFS tab shows the clone and all is normal. But when i go to iSCSI Target the clone is missing from the list and can't be added as a LUN device.

So is this a omv issue, a zfs plugin issue or an iscsi one?

Output of lsblk

Source Code

1. zd0 230:0 0 80G 0 disk
    2. zd16 230:16 0 80G 0 disk
    3. └─zd16p1 230:17 0 80G 0 part
    4. zd32 230:32 0 80G 0 disk
    5. └─zd32p1 230:33 0 80G 0 part
  • New

Hello,

I have a fresh installed omv 3 but my virtualbox doesn't want to work. I have 2 Errors:

Error 1: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; omv-mkconf virtualbox 2>&1' with exit code '2': sh: 1: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string

Error: Could not connect to host (127.0.0.1:18083/)

Would be nice if you can help me :)
  • New

Hello,
    I successfully added a SMB share using remote_mounts plugin, but I get permission issues
    only root can write in the mount point
    normal users can't
    I can't change (using ACL/privileges) access rights....
    how can I fix that?
    do I need to have same user on remote share and on OMV?
    I can try to chmod o+rw on /srv/xxxxxxxxx through SSH/CLI, but not sure it is the correct way...
    thanks for your help
  • New

Hi, I'm really struggling here. I can't seem to find anyone with the same error that I'm getting, I think I've corrupted something. I get the following:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; docker images 2>&1' with exit code '1': Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?

I read something that said that the Shared Folder location can't be on the Union FS, so I tried to put it on the Data drive, but got the wrong one, and then when I went to fix it all up again, it's now not working. I think I must have done something wrong and corrupted something???

I tried reinstalling the Docker Plugin, and opening up the permissions, but I just can't figure out why I cannot set a new Base Path for this Docker plugin...I don't know whether the problem is with the plugin or the folder I'm trying to set?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

no access to File Systems

Barracuda

My DIY NAS Build

kmal808

General discussion moved from another thread!!

geaves

Missing block devices when trying to list them in iscsi LUN

bogesman

looking for Plex alternative

gderf

Recent Activities

• Barracuda -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) no access to File Systems.

Yes, see my answer above. I edited the OMV config and it works for now. I'll check if that workaround just works without any consequences. But it would be great if somebody knows a "real" solution for that problem.
  • kmal808 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) My DIY NAS Build.

Very nice. I’m preparing to put together a G4560 & Gigabyte mobo build myself. Waiting for the psu to arrive in the mail, and need to pick a case. How has the cpu treated you so far? I’ll also be setting up Snapraid and Docker w/ JDownloader. Any…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread General discussion moved from another thread!!.

Rant mode on: Nothing infuriates me more than some companies IT Dept's.....daughter started a new job, she gets a laptop, mobile phone, comp email with office 365.... Well....the email, her name is spelt wrong so awaiting amendment, the laptop which is…
  • flvinny521 -

Quote from Barracuda: “New problem. Now I can not add a Shared Folder because there are no devices to select, why? ” Quote from jollyrogr: “Not sure where OMV gets its device list from. Does a reboot help? ” I'm no expert, but I believe you'll…
  • Barracuda -

No, I already tried to unmount them from the WebUI but it did not work (I think because of permissions?). Then I unmounted them via the cli and had again no access to the File Systems menu. Now I've added my disks manually into my OMV config, using the…
  • jollyrogr -

Now that you can access the file systems menu, can you unmount the drives via the cli, and remount them using the omv webui? Was reading this thread as a reference: Kralizec - can't create shared folder, no volume?
  • bogesman -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Missing block devices when trying to list them in iscsi LUN.

• Barracuda -

• jollyrogr -

Not sure where OMV gets its device list from. Does a reboot help?
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Missing block devices when trying to list them in iscsi LUN.

There is an issue with zfs and iscsi with newer kernel in OMV3 iscsi target on latest openmediavault