openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Raspberry Pi Openvaultmediavault install problem

tkaiser

Pinned Backup a live system

bvrulez

How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?

ryecoaaron

bitwarden question

TechnoDadLife

Raspberry Pi - Why?

tkaiser

Recent Activities

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raspberry Pi Openvaultmediavault install problem.

Quote from TechnoDadLife: “What happens when you hit return after you put in : apt-get update ” He already showed that in the first post (the usual 'weakref.py' warning that's save to be ignored). And maybe he is confused that there are no updates…
  • roison -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread OMV 4.x How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?.

Like (Post)
    For a full restore I suspect that you need all the backup files that were created at the same backup "event". At a glance it seems they are labeled nicely. Please note that I have never used the plugin for backups and can't provide detailed support. I…
  • roison -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread OMV 4.x How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from bvrulez: “I meant a system backup that was done with the backup-plugin from OMV. ” I strongly suspect the procedure is exactly the same.
  • bvrulez -

Replied to the thread Backup a live system.

"And once again, I wrote this plugin for myself. " Okay, got it. :) I will try to copy my setup via the plugin-backup, fsarchiver and systemrescueCD to my other SSD and post a guide on how to do this. Thanks for your programming, anyway! :)
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from bvrulez: “Why would a plugin for backup be usefull without a guide on how to use it for restoring? I know that writing this stuff is volunarily and I am not pressing you to do anything. But I just wonder why you would write a plugin for…
  • bvrulez -

And what exact details do you need? I have a amd64 OMV system with a device running the OS on (as usual) and a device I want to put the restore on (as ususal). How do I put in a general way the fsarchiver files onto the target device? EDIT: Maybe we…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raspberry Pi Openvaultmediavault install problem.

What happens when you hit return after you put in : apt-get update. Thanks what we need to see. You can also attach the picture by using the the attachments tab, which will appear in the bottom left when you leave another post. | | | | | \/
  • bvrulez -

Why would a plugin for backup be usefull without a guide on how to use it for restoring? I know that writing this stuff is volunarily and I am not pressing you to do anything. But I just wonder why you would write a plugin for backup without a guide to…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?.

Quote from bvrulez: “what do I have to tell systemrescuecd to use as restore information? ” systemrescuecd isn't a restore program. it is a bootable linux distro that happens to have fsarchiver and other tools making it possible to restore. Quote…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread bitwarden question.

I think the titpetric became the official netdata container now. I find that sometimes the people who make a program have a hard time making a user friendly container and including logical directions to use them.