openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?

Markess

2 internet connections

happimeal

Installation under Linux Mint

macom

Update ARM-Device -> E: Command line option --allow-downgrades is not understood

ryecoaaron

Docker and FHEM

mipi

Recent Activities

• Markess -

Replied to the thread Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?.

@Kai, if you're in the US (from your profile you are), this time of year, there's frequent sales on low capacity SSDs from the large internet sellers (Newegg, Frys, Amazon, B&H, etc.) I'm frequently seeing 60GB and 120GB drives from established…
  • happimeal -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x 2 internet connections.

• macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Installation under Linux Mint.

In a virtual machine: yes Otherwise it is not recommended to install OMV parallel to a desktop environment. And Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu, whereas OMV uses Debian. So you better start with a fresh install.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Update Update ARM-Device -> E: Command line option --allow-downgrades is not understood.

Quote from mipi: “this was perfectly fitted by the old QNAP-NAS we started the discussion on ” I understand but we can only support so many things. Even QNAP stops supporting stuff after a couple of years. Quote from mipi: “recommandations for…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Installation under Linux Mint.

• oleanderkiro -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Installation under Linux Mint.

Thread
    I want to use my old Linux-Mint-system as an NAS-system. It is possible to install the software in the surface of Linux-Mint ? Greetings Ok
  • mipi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker and FHEM.

Quote from macom: “I like "toffee-nosed" best ” ROTFL :thumbsup: Ob englischsprachige hier verstehen worüber wir lachen ... :thumbup:
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker and FHEM.

Quote from mipi: “in german we say "hochnäsig" , don't know how to translate it ” dict.leo.org/german-english/hochn%C3%A4sig I like "toffee-nosed" best :D
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Hilfe für Newbie.

Hattest du (eigentlich der Server ^^ ) bei der Installation Verbindung zum Internet?
  • mipi -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Update Update ARM-Device -> E: Command line option --allow-downgrades is not understood.

No ... recommandations for cheap hardware for a rsync standalone backup device which can figure as a backup NAS ... this was perfectly fitted by the old QNAP-NAS we started the discussion on