openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hello,

I am pretty new to OMV (had QNAP for years) and I am still in 'experiencing and testing' mode.

Today I ran into a full rootfs after starting rsync to backup some data on an USB external HDD which is connected all the time to the NAS and mounted to /srv/dev-disk-by-label-backup/.
    The command executed was: /usr/bin/rsync -av /srv/dev.../media/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label/media/

I found out that although the external USB drive was never removed from the NAS it seems to be unmounted or in some sort of an unknown state probably due to automatic spindown. It does not show up in the WebIF Drives section and I have to click on the 'Search' button to make it reappear.

My questions are: How can I prevent such a behaviour (accidently backing up data to the rootfs because of a 'sleeping' device) and how could that even happen? Shouldn't the drive reappear automatically if a process is trying to accessing it?

Thank you in advance

Regards
    Michael
  • New

Hello community,
    Excuse my bad english.I am French speaking.
    I have a dedicated server with a single hard drive of 500Gb. I installed Debian 9.4 thanks to the management interface of my dedicated then OMV with SSH.
    In OMV I can see my hard drive of 500Gb but I can not select it. He is not present when I see him select him.
    How-is it possible to select my hard drive?
    Thank you 8o
    Robby
  • New

I'm hoping someone can help me troubleshoot an issue with failed checksums when pulling docker images:

# docker pull linuxserver/plex
    Using default tag: latest
    latest: Pulling from linuxserver/plex
    32802c0cfa4d: Verifying Checksum
    1643fa16260a: Download complete
    5768751b4c70: Download complete
    05b8a8268766: Download complete
    cef14ece6765: Download complete
    47930d69bbc1: Download complete
    c21e238ddbe4: Verifying Checksum
    8294a1b762c6: Download complete
    4007aef5d48e: Verifying Checksum
    3e2d225ae398: Download complete
    filesystem layer verification failed for digest sha256:4007aef5d48e666701d5e2608e6f8ce77525bc37563e05bbd4c66b878de500f0

and

#docker pull linuxserver/plex
    Using default tag: latest
    Error response from daemon: Get registry-1.docker.io/v2/: x509: certificate signed by unknown authority (possibly because of "crypto/rsa: verification error" while trying to verify candidate authority certificate "Amazon Root CA 1")

I am also having SSH drop my connection intermittently with…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Schedule Watchtower Docker Cotainer in OMV GUI

geaves

error "Failed start file system quotas" at boot

revq

The Class E Network

geaves

Help, I cannot login to the web gui. Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory

ryecoaaron

Can't boot web server and access webUI after failed update

Gratz

Recent Activities

• hoppel118 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread Latest Docker plugin update.

Like (Post)
    Quote from TechnoDadLife: “I have it installed. You just need to follow the directions above to add it. ” I didn't realize there was a bunch of cockpit packages. I didn't have cockpit-docker installed. So, I looked to see what other packages there…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Schedule Watchtower Docker Cotainer in OMV GUI.

Quote from MarcTremonti: “is that correct? ” :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  • MarcTremonti -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Schedule Watchtower Docker Cotainer in OMV GUI.

Like (Post)
    Quote from MarcTremonti: “hmm, doesnt seem to work with my command. old images stay there. something must be wrong in it ” :( Ok but what if it was like this Source Code (2 lines)so there are 2 separate lines
  • MarcTremonti -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Schedule Watchtower Docker Cotainer in OMV GUI.

Like (Post)
    Found the solution under extra arguments there is a an option Command in there you enter --cleanup --interval 21100 then once the container is running under the column Command you get /watchtower --cleanup --interval 21100
  • MarcTremonti -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Schedule Watchtower Docker Cotainer in OMV GUI.

Quote from geaves: “Found the solution under extra arguments there is a an option Command in there you enter --cleanup --interval 21100 then once the container is running under the column Command you get /watchtower --cleanup --interval 21100 ” so to…
  • revq -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 3.x error "Failed start file system quotas" at boot.

I do get an error from time to time as well regarding "Failed to start Enable File System Quotas". Problem is that the boot will not continue as it stops in emergency mode. I need to manually hit Control + D to continue which is quite annoying. Any…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Have added the dietpi dns to the dhcp on omv, set that as the first dns once all the leases have been renewed I shall remove the current pi-hole from docker, although I can't see a problem having both. No sure how effective this will be or if there will…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Update Help, I cannot login to the web gui. Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory.

This must have fixed something else that was broken because the wol plugin wouldn't cause this problem unless it didn't install properly.