openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

I have a system disk with 4GB, enough for everyday use. But I have uploaded to the NAS a big calibre library with almost 60.000 books. Short after uploading, the system became unusable: not possible to log in to the GUI, DLNA not working... After rebooting it worked again but only for a couple of hours. After checking, I was able to see that the problem was that in /var/cache the huge library was creating mane many files, and I soppose that while it was indexing something, it was needing more and more space in the system partition.

Two questions:
    - is there any option to avoid the creation of so many files inside /var/cache, so that there is no need of more space?
    - how can I give more space to this partition? Is a virtualized system, so it is easy to give more space to the system, but, what is neccesary to do to be recognized this space?

Than you.
  • New

Hallo Leute,

ich hab mein root/admin Passwort vergessen für die ssh-Shell.

Konnte mir über das Webinterface einen ssh benutzer anlegen, der der gruppe Root gehört.

Kann mir jmd jetzt verraten wie ich das ssh-Passwort des Admin accounts zurücksetzen kann ohne das ich mir die installation zerschieße?

================================================================================
    = openmediavault information
    ================================================================================
    Release: 3.0.96
    Codename: Erasmus

Vielen Dank

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Clean up or Re-Install?

WastlJ

Too big /var/cache

Build a minipc nas, but which?

tkaiser

Building OMV automatically for a bunch of different ARM dev boards

tkaiser

ZFS Degraded Pool

bookie56

Recent Activities

• WastlJ -

Replied to the thread Clean up or Re-Install?.

It still is. End of this POST - not thread. ;) Btw. this thread is from 2014..
  • asertivos -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (stable) Too big /var/cache.

Thread
    I have a system disk with 4GB, enough for everyday use. But I have uploaded to the NAS a big calibre library with almost 60.000 books. Short after uploading, the system became unusable: not possible to log in to the GUI, DLNA not working... After…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Build a minipc nas, but which?.

Quote from steakhutzeee: “If i buy one of these SBC, what happens if i've a problem? ” You ask a question here, in ODROID forum or Pine64 IRC as everyone else. In case you are really keen on using a slow and crappy NAS better choose the RPi 3B+ and…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Building OMV automatically for a bunch of different ARM dev boards.

Quote from houndhunger: “I googled that ROCK64 has ARMv8 Cryptography Extensions... I don't understand exactly if eater boards has AES hardware support and if it is being used today successfully, so I can benefit of it using OMV. ” Currently only…
  • bookie56 -

Replied to the thread ZFS Degraded Pool.

Hi flmaxey! Please shoot me if I have asked this before....;) I have redone another server....and would like to transfer files from my zfs server....Yes, I can do that via network....but takes too long when it is several TB's I was wondering about…
  • sbocquet -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Video codec and subtitles.

• starion -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (stable) Fresh OMV 4.1.3 install fails....

Thread
    I am getting these errors on a fresh install of OMV 4.1.3: This machine was previously running 3.0.94, thought I'd try the newest version. What do these errors mean and how can I move forward with the installation?
  • starion -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (stable) Fresh OMV 4.13 install fails....

Thread
    3.0.94 installs fine on same machine. 4.13 gets error as shown: Now what?
  • lwc726 -

Posted the thread plugin meneu showing only installed app.

Thread
    i must be missing something but some how I have lost the ability to change in the plugin directory to show all. it seems to be stuck on installed apps only ? will reinstall just wanted to say i managed to do this try to pay attention next time thanks …
  • RobertPh -

Wrote a comment on RobertPh’s wall.

Wall Comment
    looking to create a NAS using Raspberry Pi 3.
    learning networking at the same time. want to set it up as private cloud storage.